Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh my gosh! Finally it's over (well almost). She was spayed yesterday. The vet said she was "leaking" from her wound a little bit and he put a tight bandage around her. She has been shaking for two days. Finally quit tonight.

She had to have 6 baby teeth pulled. She was miserable and yelped if anyone even got near her. Vet said she was a big baby. I think he would be too if someone cut his privates and then pulled six teeth.

Today we went to have bandage removed. More trauma for her. But finally tonight she is acting more like herself. She got three stitches.

What kind of experience did you guys have spaying yours? How long to recover? How many stiches? I am so hungry for info. Thanks. :roll:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Glad Barbie is on her way to healing now and it is all over.
Mikey hasn't been nuetered yet so I don't have any info to share yet.

·
Registered
889 Posts
i'm terrified. zoey is getting spayed on friday. :shock:

i don't have any knowledge to share with you. just wanted to tell you that i'm glad barbie is almost back to her old self again! poor little girl.... what an oreal for her!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Well you all got to read about Gingers ordeal...lol. She was evil to the doc and the techs.

It took Ginger about three days before she was pain-free. It will be a week tomorrow and she is doing great! But I would say by the fourth day she was getting back to her normal behaviors.

My vet told me that Gigner was a big meanie and a big baby, but he was joking and did say he was impressed that such a small dog could scare off so many vet techs...lol. He loves my chi's and even though Ginger was a pain he made me feel like it was no big deal (even though I know she was a pill...lol)

Glad to hear that everything worked out and that Barbie is on the mend...were you as scared as I was when she was having the surgery??

-Jessica

·
Registered
11 Posts
wow, glad to see that she's starting to feel better. we'll prolly get Princess spayed when she's old enough. she goes in for her second set of shots this weekend.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Poor Barbie!

Sandy actually had a very good time with it.
She went in about 9AM and I told them I wanted to bring her home that night because there was no one there overnight to watch her. They said as long as she did well I could go get her around 7PM.
A little before 6 they called me and said she was doing good and I could go get her because there was a storm comming.
They gave her some pain medicine before I got there, so she was a little groggy when I brought her home. She had 2 stiches I think.
The next day she was fine. You would never have known she had anything done!
I just hope Koke's goes as well.
Barbie will be fine. Getting it done is the hard part.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Were you as scared
I was a wreck all day and the next day! I didn't know what to do with myself. My neighbor came over (who is a nurse) and assured me she would live. :oops:

My husband was as much freaked out as I was yesterday when she wouldn't sit still because her stitches were bothering her. I have been putting peroxide and stuff on it and she seems a little better.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Oh I hope Barbie better today!! Poor little thing. She probably is uncomfortable w/all the teeth pulled as well!
Lola was sore the first day and I didn't give her but a few pieces of food and some water as i could tell she would probably not hold it down. Then the next day she was trying to jump and she was fine!! We gave her pain medication that the doctor gave her and I know that helped. W/that though, she did need to eat food. So she recovered very quickly!! I hope the same goes for sweet little Barbie!!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Be careful with porixide...not only will it kill the bad bacteria and germs but it will also kill the good bacteria that is needed for healing (yeah....there is actually GOOD bacteria...lol). A tripleanibacterial ointment is best but check with your vet first.

How is Barbie today?? Hope she is feeling better!

Jessica

PS - Glad I am not the only one who was a nervous wreck :wink:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I hope Barbie feels better soon! I was gonna say make sure you spoil her extra for the next couple days but considering how spoiled she already is, that might be hard to do. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts