Chihuahua People Forum banner

Bark In the Park

761 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Jayda 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello- We had a local event today called Bark in Park. It was a 1.5 mile walk to benefit homeless pets. We had a small but mighty team of 6 dogs among 4 owners. It was quite a large event with many, many walkers and dogs of all shapes and sizes. I hesitate to post a pic of my team because it is the Internet of course!

Here is everyone gathering for the start!

Lady, Sapphire and Prince walking like champs. 1.5 hilly miles and they did it with no problem while some dogs obviously got tired. Many people were suprised at how well and far little dogs can walk!

Mom likes this picture of our fluffy butts she took while dad took the reins!

Sapphire met a new friend.

All of us got our picture taken with Cocky, the mascot of the University of South Carolina! Cocky was kind enough to get on a low level!

Tons of fun and our little team raised about $175.00 for homeless pets in our area. Everyone loved the dogs and they got tons of attention. All three did fabulous in close quarters with tons of dogs, most 10-20 times their size. Although chihuahua owners always find other chihuahua owners and we had a nice chat with other folks who adore their Chis! Only drawback the kids got a a bath when we got home. The pollen is in full force here and their little legs were yellow with pollen dust when we got home (if your from the South I'm sure you can relate to this). Thanks for looking :coolwink:

See less See more
#3 ·
So fun Lynda! I am so proud of your pack...I am smiling like they are mine also! We love doing these types of fund raisers. Love the pick of them all walking together, looks like another trio that I know..;).
Sapphire, Prince & Lady are wonderful ambassadors for the chi breed. You look FAB also, I wish there were more fund raisers like this, I'm always on the search for them and participate in as many as we can. WAY TO GO cuties!!!!

#4 ·
Really a fun event. There was a little after party too with different vendors and dog related presentations. Dog people are just good people. I actually took a carrier because I though Sapphire might freak out with so many dogs but she was absolutely fine. All three are beat now! There is a group here who does a dining with dogs event once a month when it is warm and you can eat outside. I'd like to go to that as well. My husband even admitted to having a good time although he mostly walked Lady and he wasn't too thrilled she was wearing a pink dress and leash (hahaha). Clothes were definitely a little dog thing. Mine were not the only ones in clothes!!!!

#5 ·
What a perfect day!! The fund raiser looked like a blast! Great job kiddos on walking the whole time and making your mama proud! They look so beautiful, just like their mama and I love the outfits they chose!

Tails in the City does dining w your dog events too in chicago, I love things like that!

I worked all day and have to get up at 5 again tomorrow....wahhhhhhh!!! :\

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#12 ·
The "Fluffybutts" picture is a great one! I can just imagine their adorable little gaits! :bootyshake: How proud you must be of Sapphire for being so brave :salute: ... but there wasn't any doubt! :rolleyes:

🌺🌺🌺This makes me yearn for a Spring walk! Everything (especially the trio) is gorgeous! 🌺🌺🌺

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.