Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... I recently moved in with my partner, and Lola can sometimes act aggressively toward her, barking loudly and following her around at all that. It's not always but it is frustrating my partner who genuinely wants a good relationship with her... any ideas, thoughts? Lola is about 2 1/2 by the way. Thanks!!;)

·
Registered
710 Posts
Since Lola isn't always barking at your partner I want to say that's a good start.
Is it a specific/certain time when she does it? Or just completely random? Maybe she is doing something to set the dog off without her realizing it.
I obviously don't know much about either of them but see if they can do something where both can bond. So like taking a walk, playing together, or giving her some treats as she pets her. You don't necessarily have to be apart of it every single time unless you want to either. Lola needs to learn that this person is completely okay and safe.
Another thing is for you or her to get Lola to stop when she's barking directly to her. Both of you can also choose to "ignore" the behavior maybe even with a "no no"
I'd say have her offer Lola treats when she's barking at her but I'm not sure if it do more bad then good (dog learns to bark for attention/treat)

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
You have to show Lola that your partner is now part of your 'family'. She needs to be ignored when she barks at your partner. Have your partner have some small (pinky fingernail size) bits of cheese, hot dog, something she likes in a baggie in her slacks/skirt and when ever she passes by the dog, toss her one of the treats. If she is barking, no treat. When the dog learns she gets a treat from your partner when she is not barking, maybe that will 'ring a bell' and she will quit. good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts