Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Newbie here!! :D I have a gorgeous sable/fawn longhaired applehead. Whew! Long name..lol. Anyhow my baby's name is Gizmo and he is 10 weeks, he is a good boy, he hasn't peed inside the house, he doesn't use wee wee pads, he only pees outside, like I said he is wonderful, very happy, and loves all animals and people, now for the question. He doesn't bark! Is this normal? I know once he starts I will want him to stop!! He yelps, and growls quietly when playing, but hasn't seemed to have found his voice yet?

Any input?

P.S. His ears stood up yesterday!! Now he really looks like Gizmo from the Gremlins...lol...I just want to eat him up!!
Oh and I will post a picture soon!

how do you get those picture logos? I want one for Gizmo!!

Ok I am done now.... :wave:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hello and welcome :wave:

I wouldn't worry about the barking. LOL I think Jasmine was at least 3 mos old before she barked, and she still does not bark a lot-thank goodness. She is 7 mo old now.

If he is already housebroken at 10 weeks, he (and you) are really doing great. That is quite an accomplishment. He sounds adorable. I have a sable/white long coat female, with a black mask on face. When she was younger, we all said she looked like Gizmo. Her coat has lightened a little, but she still has her black mask. That is her pic in the siggy line below at about 3 mos.

Speaking of the siggies, there are instructions in the siggy section here, or I'm sure someone would make you one if you post your request in that section. We have several on the board that are really good at that.

Again, welcome. And don't forget to post some pics soon.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
welcome :wave: that is great you got him housebroken so fast! chiwi doesn't bark a whole lot, only if someone calls her a good girl but it's more of a grumbling and high pitched bark (i think she is trying to say good girl!) and she used to "sing" with me, but she ahsn't done that anymore. as far as the barking at something she did it once at my job and she shocked herself and last night she heard elephants on the tv (i watch anture shows all the time) and she let out one bark facing the tv then ran up and layed on my as if she was protecting me. all dog's are different i guess, there are some dog's that love the sound of their "voice" and others that only bark when they have something to say.

can't wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Hi and welcome! :wave:

Lily very seldom barks. The first time I ever heard her, she was barking at a 2-year old child approaching her crate at doggy daycare. Lily is scared to death of kids and I guess she thought the situation called for barking. Anyway, she has this very deep, throaty bark that sounds like it comes from a 25 pound dog. The child's mother (daycare manager) and I looked at each other and said, "Was that Lily???" at exactly the same time. :lol: I've only heard her bark once or twice since.

And don't forget the pics. :lol:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!!

Well as I sat here and started writing, he's playing with his mini soccer ball and let out a low, husky, rufff...!! LOL

I think that is all I'll get for now, but I guess like all mommies I am curious to hear what his voice sounds like!!!

TTFN ! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts