Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girls a right nutcase, she barks at dogs passing, goodness she growled at a huge dog who tried to sniff at her the other day. She barks at anyone who comes up the path to come into the house or who is walking by in the street. Does anyone elses chi think that their a great dane? :lol:

I honestly have to get her to stop it tho, she's too crazy nippy sweety!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
There is an excellent article in a magazine i read (Chihuahuas, vol8 2nd edition) that says

"As it is so often described, the Chihuahua is really a big dog in a little dogs body. The typical Chihuahua has no idea that it's any smaller than other dogs-or people for that matter."

Anyone who's owned a chihuahua for any length of time comes to realize that their "little bitty dog" doesn't know he/she is little bitty. That's part of the reason i love them so much! The bad thing is that it causes me a great deal of worry because they don't have "sense enough" to run from something bigger and badder than they are! lol

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
JOLIE'SMOM said:
There is an excellent article in a magazine i read (Chihuahuas, vol8 2nd edition) that says

"As it is so often described, the Chihuahua is really a big dog in a little dogs body. The typical Chihuahua has no idea that it's any smaller than other dogs-or people for that matter."

Anyone who's owned a chihuahua for any length of time comes to realize that their "little bitty dog" doesn't know he/she is little bitty. That's part of the reason i love them so much! The bad thing is that it causes me a great deal of worry because they don't have "sense enough" to run from something bigger and badder than they are! lol
yep i totally agree. Deano was barking at a chow chow and i was like oh god if this dog gets hold of him (it was a real big softie though) but deano gives it a good go! (i just pick him up when big dogs are there because deano not only looking like a lion acts like one also with his fiery attitude towards bigger more dominant dogs lol!)

i love my baby lol! :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Our chi, Poco, had the "big dog" complex, too. He thought he was taller than everyone, bigger than everything and would bark and bite all day long.

Cooper - he KNOWS he's a small guy and has no intentions of trying to convince you otherwise, thank goodness.

For suggestions on how to get them to stop barking, I'll give the Dumb Friends League website again! :D This place is where I go for ANYTHING I want to know about dog behavior.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
glad to know im not the only one living with a minature nutcase :lol:!

It is worrying that they bark at the smaller dogs as they should be aware that they are like a hot dog to them!

thanks for the website i will have a look, thats a useful one to know :D :wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts