Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having barking problems with Sissy. 90% of the day it's always noisy because she barks mostly every day all day. And sometimes even into the night.
She barks at everything that moves.

Is there something I can do?
I am at my boiling point where I am just stressed out because of things in general and my parents are threatening to take her back to the shelter because of the problem.

Any Help?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I tried *everything* to stop Lacey's howling. The one thing that has worked (for the most part) for us is the Sonic Egg bark control device sold by Petsmart. It's around $30, but if you try it and don't find it helps at all, it can be returned within 30 days.
Lacey has to "test" it every time I turn it on, but her howling has turned into low mumbles that my neighbors and landlord never hear. :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Megan, dogs often bark from boredom. I take in rescues from all walks of life, all
with issues, yet no one knows in our building because I keep them all extremely
quiet. My main trick to having quiet dogs is providing them with sufficient mental
and physical stimulation. A tired dog is a good dog. I would suggest you walk
Sissy more often, run with her, play with her, get her nice and tired, once home
she will have no energy left to bark.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I use a water squirt bottle. My dogs hate being sprayed in the face, so this works really well with them. I squirt and say sternly, "no bark". Now a lot of the time I just have to raise the bottle. I need a new one because the old one fell and the one I replaced it with doesn't have a good stream.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
i had issues with barking too, with mindy and holly.
i tried everything
on seeing the results that some people got
i ordered the dog silencer pro
i had to get it from the US, so it cost me a small fortune
first few days, no barking, then holly would stand looking at
it , barking, now its reduced to excitment barking, or if the doorbell rings
but it stops after a couple of barks.
i really hope it keeps up as we were getting up during the night to hollys
barking and was getting stressfull

·
Registered
363 Posts
I agree with LS, Get that little brain an body working an tired, Go for a nice long walk or jog, throw some commands in to the mix. If you work the body and the mind it is much more fulfilling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts