Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, :wave:
My 7 month old Pixy has been barking a lot at everything. She barks when we open doors, walk up and down the stairs, make noise in the kitchen, outside walkers and most annoying is that she barks at us. half of the time when I walk down the stairs she starts barking vigorously at me and doest stop. I have to touch her in order for her to recognize me. I am thinking she may have a seeing problem. Its been getting worse. :( Should I take her to the vet to get her eyes checked? what else could it be :?: Please help!

p.s.
She has had all of her shots

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took her to the Vet and he said her eyes are fine! :D He said that its has a behavior problem and that she needs training. I still dont understand why she barks at us but hopefully the training will help. I also got her a barking collar. It make a beeping noise when ever she barks. It helps sometimes but not always. The Vet also said that she is use to barking all the time so that is why she continues to do it.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Well, that is good news! At least she doesn't have any medical problems! :)

I've never heard of those types of collars. I'm just curious about them. I've heard of the shock collars but this one sounds more decent. So it beeps everytime she barks? :wave:

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
ozzysmom said:
LOl a beeping collar would make me bark more if I was a dog :D good luck and keep us posted
That's funny! Can you imagine? They hear the beep and then they are like 'what was that?' and then bark at it some more? :lol:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Citronella collar

My daughter's schnauzer mix Wally would always HOWL at the top of his lungs when he was left alone. When she moved into her apartment, she purchased a "Citronella collar" from petsmart and it worked great. She walked out of the apartment that first morning and heard him howl then it abruptly stopped because the collar had let out that citronella small. The next morning, again one howl and abruptly stop. The third morning, no howl. It was $95 but $95 well spent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts