Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do your babies get a bath? Bandit has such dry skin. A few months ago he lost a big patch of hair and the vet gave me a spray for it, now he's lost it again and I'm sprayin him like crazy :) He had the scrape, has no fleas, mange etc, just dry skin. I've been told he can have a bath once a week, only once a month, and once every two months (I would think he will be stinky by them and hairless). What do you guys do?

Lisa

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
During the Winter season, Zeus gets a bath once a month, but in between baths, I use the doggie wipes that you can buy at Wal-mart. During all other seasons, I like to give him a bath every 2 weeks. You may try that and if dry skin is still an issue, decrease the baths even more. What shampoo are you using? Oatmeal baths are great imo.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Well I only do it when they get stinky. Which isn't very often.
But I think most do it once a month.
If you are having skin problems, I would ask your vet. He/she might have a suggestion on which kind of shampoo to use also for your particular problem.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I bathe Sunny as needed aswell. Hes in a "copy big brother stage" So will follow the schnuazer and roll where ever Butch does(usually in the sand).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.