Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when could i give chiwi a bath? is 11 weeks too young? she's getting kinda pee pee smelling. she wrestles with her wee wee pad after peeing on it (she does that to it right before she poops on it! it's a site alright!) i don't want startle her when she does it and then be afraid of the wee wee pad, nor do i want to take her off of it when she does it because she is going to poop on it and she only does it for a few seconds.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Bindi got a bath the day I brought her home and regularly thereafter.....she was 10 weeks. GO FOR IT! :D

I love a clean doggie! :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
"Smooth coats should be bathed once a month(some people say every two months), long coats every three weeks"--- or so I've read. I've been wondering about it myself. :?: :D

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I just go by smell and if they start flaking, I dont bathe too much in winter....like every 6-7 weeks....if you keep your dog brushed out well it keeps the smell down...

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I gave Gaget his first bath at 5 weeks.. he really stunk like pee and cigerattes(his first home was full of smokers) I couldn't smell him any more.. So I got some Shampoo for puppies and gave him a bath then I dried him with a towel and then took a dry towel and wrapped him up in it for about an hour so he was really warm... :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bath time went well :) she didn't hate it, didn't love it. was just kinda like um hey mom i can clean myself you don't have to wash me in the sink, i'm not dishes ;) i bought a nice lavender scented baby shampoo and she smells soooo much better. until she wrestles with her wee wee pad again.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
There is some kind of device you can buy at PetSmart that holds the pad down on the floor. You might want to check into getting one of those or maybe tape the pad down. :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TuckersMom said:
There is some kind of device you can buy at PetSmart that holds the pad down on the floor. You might want to check into getting one of those or maybe tape the pad down. :)
yeah i'm gonna have to tape it down, she wants to wrestle it then poop on it and there's no if's ands or buts about it.

it is the funniest thing to watch. although i dont' think the "countess" wants everyone to know she is wrestling a wee wee pad lol. when she sees me watching she looks embarrassed.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
bath

Kemo's mamma said:
Bindi got a bath the day I brought her home and regularly thereafter.....she was 10 weeks. GO FOR IT! :D

I love a clean doggie! :)
same here!!! i washed them both immediately when i got them and now they go in a nice bath every 2 weeks :wink:

kisses nat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts