Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I bath Mylo in the sink. There's a seperate small sink so I fill that with warm water to rinse. I make sure everything is near by so I don't have to move or leave him. I keep some treats near by and give him them intermittently when he's being good to reinforce good behaviour and make an association between bath time and good things. Don't reinforce bad/scared behaviour by reassuring her. Ignore any behaviour you don't want repeated. Some dogs love baths, others don't. I'm sure it'll be fine, just stay calm :)

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
I would suggest putting something in the bottom of the bathtub or sink like a towel so she has something to keep her little paws steady. I noticed a big improvement in Odie's bath time behaviour after I started doing that. Slipping around is scary!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I agree with everyone else. I think maybe you could ask for someone else's help since it will be the first time, after that you would know better. For the first time I washed my chis my husband helped me, they both tried to escape so it was great to have him there.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

1 - 8 of 8 Posts