Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my little guy on Monday and we named him Mylo. He is about 11 weeks old. I need to give him a bath since he rolled in some dirt. Anything in particular I should know???

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Not really, just don't pour water over his head, take wash cloth and wipe it down cause they can't get water in their ears. I think that's pretty much it. Oh! I use baby shampoo on my Lina because it smells better than dog shampoo and it's also gentle on her skin. She loves her bath :) Congrats on the new little guy by the way :)

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I use baby shampoo also. We put Auggie in the sink on one of those rubbery non skid things so he doesn't slip around. The we use the spray thing being careful not to get water in his ears. In between baths I use baby wipes if he just gets a dirty spot :lol:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i like to put a piece of cotton in chiwi's ears, it jsut makes sure watr don't go into them. but dont' stuff it far down..... and i use hartz lavender and chamomile tearless puppy shampoo. it leaves chiwi smelling soo good. and i hear chamomile and lavender have calming aromatherapy type effects fro dogs as well as humans so i like it to be a calm positive experience for her.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
I think everyone has said it - congrats on your new baby! I also use baby shampoo too (deano has just had a bath and he seems sleepy now - awww) x x x

·
Registered
273 Posts
luvmypuppet said:
i like to put a piece of cotton in chiwi's ears, it jsut makes sure watr don't go into them. but dont' stuff it far down..... and i use hartz lavender and chamomile tearless puppy shampoo. it leaves chiwi smelling soo good. and i hear chamomile and lavender have calming aromatherapy type effects fro dogs as well as humans so i like it to be a calm positive experience for her.
That shampoo smells so good!! I used it to give Dixie her first bath and she hasn't itched in awhile. It moisturized her skin real well!!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I use premiun shed control shampoo... It is fortified with antioxidants, Omega 3 fatty acids and essential vitamins to protect against excess shedding. It is mixed berry scent He is so soft and smells good after a bath.

I can use it on him a couple times a month and it doesn't dry out his skin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts