Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought. i have been doing the same but was not sure if it was the correct thing to do. Sissy's going to have a bath today....Shhh. Don't tell her (lol).

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I try not to bathe mine until it is needed. I usually go about every 6 weeks or so. I brush him and use a wipe or dog perfume if he gets a smell but unless he gets poo in his fur (this only happens when he is sick) or he accidentally gets urine on his fur.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I only bathe mine about 3 times per year. They just don't really need it more often--they don't smell or have anything in their hair. I brush their hair and clean their eyes at least once a week.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I haven't bathed Lavender myself yet, but she did go to the groomer. My Bichon, Cosmo, goes to the groomer every four weeks and I can take Lavender when he goes any time. Lavender doesn't go outside since it's been cold, but it's getting warmer (finally) and we will be going outside and she may need bathing. She gets combed/brushed often and isn't dirty or smelly. I will only bathe her when she needs it or let the groomer do it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
mine get bathed when ever i see their ear hair go a bit greasy looking... but a few times a week i`ll wash their back ends to keep the urine smell away as sometimes they pee on their feathers :(
My girls love the comb, it must relax them as they sit on my lap and close their eyes when i run it down their back!! <3

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
mine get bathed when ever i see their ear hair go a bit greasy looking... but a few times a week i`ll wash their back ends to keep the urine smell away as sometimes they pee on their feathers :(
My girls love the comb, it must relax them as they sit on my lap and close their eyes when i run it down their back!! <3
Mine loooove to be brushed too! Bryco will run around like a mad man with the brush in his mouth til I brush him. My SC have figured out it feels good too and soon after I start on him, I have a little waiting line. Its quite cute, but I get tired of brushing everyone after awhile!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts