Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 11 month old chi just got neutered last week and was wondering if it's ok to give him a bath. It's been 10 days. He seem fine ,stich es are still there but there's no redness or anything. Plays and runs like always.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Are they desolvable stitches? If so, then I think you could safely bathe him. If not, have them removed before you do. Does he need to be bathed? Or are you on a schedule? To be safe, ask your vet.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I agree, stitches should be out before you bathe. I accidentally bathed a dog that I didn't realize had just been neutered (he was a foster), and he was fine, but it is better to be safe. If your dog has short hair, you could use pet or baby wipes all over. If his hair is longer, they are still useful to touch up feet, face, and potty areas. I know they can get stinky after surgery and it is very tempting to bathe them!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Then wait for their removal before you bathe him. And when you do, wash the area carefully...the skin is still tender and even though the incision is apparently healed it's still vulnerable and not as strong as the surrounding skin and tissue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts