Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It came today. Haven't had time to use it, just try it on. Lex is napping in Grannies lap, so Gia, not happily, got to try it on. It will fit Lex the same as Gia. Lexie's chest is just a smidge bigger, but Lex doesn't have all that bulky coat.

It loosely fits on the second hole. So I'm guessing after a few uses I'll have to go on the third hole, which will be perfect! :)

If anyone needs size 1 measurements, I'd be happy to help. :daisy:

I got this one on Amazon for under $25, free shipping. Just wanted to test sizing and see if they work out for us. If the pups get used to them, my next BB will be one of the bling bling colors with crystals. They've worn Puppia so long, may take a bit to transition.

One question for the BB pros. Is the chest part supposed to be so thick/bulky looking? Everyone else's looks thin in that area?

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Yay! I am glad it is a good fit. I thought Jaxx's was thick at first in the chest but now it doesn't seem that way. I probably just got used to it.
I can't decide what color Jaxx is going to get next. I want to get him a more fashionable color now that I know the fit. I am thinking the cocoa color. I wish I could find the Hunter that is retired but no one seems to have it in a size 2.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
That's wonderful T! so that means that the 1 will fit Bijou as well :) since Gia and B are basically the same size I think!

I could have sworn I had tried a 1 or 2 on him.. I think it was the 2 and I did not like the way his legs fit in the holes and it was going to rub his legs. It was weird. Maybe just maybe I will give one another try :p

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yay! I am glad it is a good fit. I thought Jaxx's was thick at first in the chest but now it doesn't seem that way. I probably just got used to it.
I can't decide what color Jaxx is going to get next. I want to get him a more fashionable color now that I know the fit. I am thinking the cocoa color. I wish I could find the Hunter that is retired but no one seems to have it in a size 2.

Yeah, I have a feeling that the bulkiness through the chest may pose a problem. When they stand it's too wide. Not sure that's going to be comfy. I'll just have to give it a few test runs and see what happens. :)

Jaxx would also look great in red. Or blues. Oh heck, he's so cute you can't go wrong with any color. :daisy:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That's wonderful T! so that means that the 1 will fit Bijou as well :) since Gia and B are basically the same size I think!

I could have sworn I had tried a 1 or 2 on him.. I think it was the 2 and I did not like the way his legs fit in the holes and it was going to rub his legs. It was weird. Maybe just maybe I will give one another try :p
Yes, I think the size 1 will be good for B. Him and G are about the same size. :)

G wears the XXS in the Ruff Ruff. If that helps?

I can see what you mean about the leg area. It's too wide/bulky?

I'm going to give it a shot. Cause they have some awesome colors and patterns. If it doesn't work out, we'll just stick with our trusty Puppia's. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I love all the colors and patterns!! I'm hoping they work out for us. Going to give it a few short test runs to see how it goes. :)
Oh keep us posted how it goes!! Mine should b here in about 2-2.5 weeks :)!!!! I really hope we like them as I looked at similar things in our fav pet boutique & they r r ugly!! & made of a canvas type fabric not a pretty leather!!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh keep us posted how it goes!! Mine should b here in about 2-2.5 weeks :)!!!! I really hope we like them as I looked at similar things in our fav pet boutique & they r r ugly!! & made of a canvas type fabric not a pretty leather!!

I will. :) I do like the quality. Definitely nice leather. Can't wait to see yours. I always get so excited when waiting for packages. :lol:

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
wow T I thought you'll never actually buy a BB, after all the buts and ifs :)
I hope they work out for your delicate furry babies. I love BBs!!! Can't get enough!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wow T I thought you'll never actually buy a BB, after all the buts and ifs :)
I hope they work out for your delicate furry babies. I love BBs!!! Can't get enough!
Yeah, I knew nothing about them at all other than pics. I got some saying they loved them, some saying they rub sores. Then figuring out sizing. I don't like messing with mail returns and exchanges. Too costly, and a PIA. But seeing everyone else's, the colors and patterns, I bit the bullet and ordered one. I got mine fairly cheap for a test run, so it all worked out. Now just to test it on actual walks. If that goes well, I might be addicted. :lol:

About 2 years or so ago, the same went with Puppia's. Someone bought one, and there were non-stop threads of everyone trying to figure out sizing, styles, etc. Now it's BB's. :lol:

Thanks!! :)

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yay T! Welcome to the BB club! Your babies have some tiny chests!! Mimi wears a 1 on the 2nd hole! Let us know how you like it after you take it for a test drive!! ;)

Thanks, Z!! They are really nice! I'm hoping they work for us once I put it to use. I'm just itching to buy the more colorful, patterned, with crystals. It actually might be good if they don't work out. ;) Cause I know me. I'll want every color. :lol:

Gia isn't much bigger than Mimi. She only weighs 3 lbs. Itty bitty girl. The only pup I have that comes close to qualifying as a "dog" is Chance. :lol: He's not really much bigger than L & G though, just thicker. Once I got Lex, and she stayed so tiny, I kinda went on a tiny mission. :lol: After getting Jade, she didn't grow much bigger than a hamster, so I decided to stop there. ;) :lol:

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am anxious to know how they work for the wee ones.

Yeah, me too. This last few weeks has been jam packed busy. Plus, I'm not really supposed to be on my feet for too long with all these back issues. It really sucks because I'm so used to being very active. Our walks around here have been decreased significantly for awhile. A few of our neighbors don't seem to understand that people don't want their huge dogs in their yard all day, after day. The girls used to help walk them, but my youngest is 18 now, graduating this year, and in softball playoffs right now. My middle daughter works full time, and has so much going on. Typical stuff for their ages. Mom has had several Drs appts lately too. So between her health issues, my back, keeping up with everything, we just don't get much walk time. Thank goodness for my fenced back yard. I take them out there to run around and play a few times a day. Hopefully soon things calm down so I can get back into a more regular routine. About the only spare time I have is this time at night, and very early AM, before daylight. But soon I'm going to try to give it a test run. They are very nice quality. I really want the more bling bling ones. :D I'm glad I decided to at least order one to see how it goes. I'll keep you posted. :) xxx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts