Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on another board. I am assuming it is something that people want us to spread around? It was under a persons signature on her posts and I clicked on it and it is really intense. I hope it is okay to paste it here. It is a video.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/thepitbullproblem

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
That was very touching. :( My sister has a pitbull and she is very loving. I also agree with it is the way that they are raised. Pitbull fighting is one of the things that I am dead set against with everything I have in me. Usually I can find reason in alot of things but there is no reasoning with this. It's cruel and so sad. :cry:

The video was disturbing but there were many wonderful points in it and lots of great examples of what great dogs they can be.

To anyone else going to watch this, there are some pretty graphic images in it.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
:oops: :oops: :oops: im cryin :oops: :oops: :oops:
Im crying for the reason, my sister has become so close to a staff called angel. He is the cheekiest little guy ever, he has been put in kennels for over a year because he bit another dog - now today is the deciding day wether he gets put down or he lives. He is the nicest dog hes playful and sweet and that one mistake cost him his life. I hope when my sister gets home i do not hear bad news - because i too love that dog. :cry:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I couldn't watch it. I get too angry and want to buy a gun and go around, shooting people.... and I don't have time for that... I should be packing!!! :shock:

·
Registered
897 Posts
I couldn't watch the whole thing either. It is just unspeakable. I have never understood what kind of sick enjoyment people get out of watching animals viciously rip each other to shreads. I will never understand it. Turns my stomach and it breaks my heart to see these animals put through this when there are so many loving homes they could be in. :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
That was one of the saddest things I have ever seen in my life. How could someone turn a pitbull into that?? They're such pretty dogs! It makes me sick to see all the damages that a dog fight can cause. It makes me even more sick that there are people out there who think that a dogs (or any living breathing thing) pain is funny. Maybe they should be chained up outside and forced to have holy crap beatin' out of them by someone else...people standing around laughing and cheering for the one who's winning! What is the world coming to?! It just seriously makes me want vomit. And at the end when they showed all those dogs who weren't vicious at all, with babies and everything. I cried. It's almost like what people told me when I was getting a chi, "they're not good with kids." "don't come crying to us when you have to rehome it because it mauled your child." Lina couldn't love Gaige and Dawn more if she were one of the kids herself. I don't understand why people need to think that just because a few dogs have been mean (after people made them that way) that every single one of the breed is mean too. And to think that a dog is born mean and nasty is ridiculous! No one and nothing is ever born mean. Dogs (and humans) are taught to be a certain way with certain people and other animals. UGH!! I could go on all day about how I just don't understand this crap...but...I won't.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
To those of you that didn't finish the video, you really missed the best part of it. It showed the whole other side to these dogs, the fantastic side. :) It had some great family picture in it.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
That video is so incredibley sad. How can anyone be so cruel? No living thing deserves to be treated like that.

Having had some first hand experience with pits, I know how loving and sweet they are when they are raised with love and kindness. My younger son has had a pit bill for almost 10 years and he is so sweet and gentle. My older son had a female pit for over 12 years, and she was also a sweetheart. So this crap about pits being born mean and agressive is just that - crap! :evil:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
oh mandy 's got to see this one :? i made me cry !!! at the middle and the end .......

kisses nat
it's so nice that people remember my cause nat. you brought tears to my eyes. i will now watch the video.....

*edit* i watched the video and it is so painful for me. i have witnessed a fight and have had the people arrested and another planned fight was raided. that video was perfectly worded and the music was excellent. bravo to whoever put it together. the part that made me ball my eyes out was the numbers. pits are 4th from the bottom of the list of breeds that have caused bites. i knew they were low on the list but didn't realize how low. makes me sick and i wish nothing but he.ll to those involved with animal cruelty. that's all fighting is, animal cruelty at it's worst. basterdss.

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Cooper said:
I couldn't watch it. I get too angry and want to buy a gun and go around, shooting people.... and I don't have time for that... I should be packing!!! :shock:
Me too I get so mad about animals being hurt and children really I could hurt these awful people.I won't watch it I just know I'll be too upset.

·
Registered
587 Posts
That video really hits close to home. My mother has my pit, Keiki, at her home in northern california. I would have her with me but i live in a condo with no yard and my mother has a HUGE yard for her to run and play in. I adopted her from the Oakland Humane Society in 2003. I went there to find a dog to adopt and while i was playing with a lab mix, the volunteer at the place told me to take a look at this one dog. He brought out this blonde brindle bundle of joy who is now named keiki (her name then was sparkle), and my first reaction was like oh my god a pitbull. I was scared. but she came over and showed me more love than any other animal has ever shown me. I immediately fell in love. My mother hated the idea of having a pit but she knew that i wasnt going to bring home something bad or dangerous. So i adopted her right then and there but she had to be spayed and chipped. The volunteers there all came out to thank me because they were so happy that she found a home. She only had two days left until she was put down. So i brought her home a few days later and my mom wasnt too happy. Over the years my mom has fallen head over heels for keiki. She thinks keiki is the absolute best dog in the world, and so does everyone that meets her. My moms house insurance even cancelled her because we owned a pit, which i am absolutely appalled by. Keiki would NEVER hurt anyone, she doesnt have a mean bone in her body!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts