Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm vacationing at the beach this week with the pups. My husband had to return to work so I have had lots of time with the pups.

Lady and I love to cruise the beach on a bike!

We also checked out lighthouses!

Profile shot....

Prince and I had a latte at a local coffee shop this morning just so no one accuses mom of playing favorites. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
I love these pictures. On saying that, Lady looks much happier in the bike basket, then Prince on the table with coffee, but I am sure he knows there are not any favorites. :p

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love these pictures. On saying that, Lady looks much happier in the bike basket, then Prince on the table with coffee, but I am sure he knows there are not any favorites. :p
Prince is probably not too happy because he walked 1.4 miles to the coffee shop and then 1.4 miles back. Tired little guy!

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love the pix! Is the basket on the bike a special one for dogs?? Where can I find something like this?
Sent from Petguide.com Free App
It is a Snoozer Pet Bike basket. They have it at many places online. I got mine from eBay at a good price. It is sturdy on the bottom and has no holes or opening that their paws can go through plus there is a clip that you attach to your pets harness. Works great! Highly recommend this brand.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
OOooohhh, I love this thread!! I'm getting excited to go on our beach vacation in a few weeks. I've had one of those pet carriers for years, but mine seems to drag the front tire when Midgie's in it. Does yours do that? How do you keep it up from dragging the tire? I definitely have to do something to fix it this year.

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OOooohhh, I love this thread!! I'm getting excited to go on our beach vacation in a few weeks. I've had one of those pet carriers for years, but mine seems to drag the front tire when Midgie's in it. Does yours do that? How do you keep it up from dragging the tire? I definitely have to do something to fix it this year.

Is yours a Snoozer brand basket? Mine has a little strap that circles the top part of the handlebar stem. This seems to pull it up a bit. Also, I really tighten the straps and then tie each one around itself so it doesn't slip. I got the basket a year a ago when I got Lady. She was about 6 1/2 pounds then. After a diet and consistent exercise she is just under 5 1/2 pounds now. The loss of one pound makes a real difference in helping to keep the basket level and up off the tire.
She absolutely loves riding in the basket. We rode for over an hour this morning.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Is yours a Snoozer brand basket? Mine has a little strap that circles the top part of the handlebar stem. This seems to pull it up a bit. Also, I really tighten the straps and then tie each one around itself so it doesn't slip. I got the basket a year a ago when I got Lady. She was about 6 1/2 pounds then. After a diet and consistent exercise she is just under 5 1/2 pounds now. The loss of one pound makes a real difference in helping to keep the basket level and up off the tire.
She absolutely loves riding in the basket. We rode for over an hour this morning.
No, it's not a Snoozer. It is certified airplane safe and is a carrier as well as a bike basket. It says it holds up to 15 lbs. Midgie was around 6 lbs in the pic so I know she's not too big for it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts