Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've viewed information on this site before and you all seem to be quite knowledgable about your Chi's.. My little one is Bear and he's 7 months. Total love.

My boyfriend has an English Mastiff (big dog) and they are friends. However, the Mastiff likes to lick all over Bear and he smells... how often can i wash him?

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
yes great idea michele! dogs shouldnt be washed too often as they will lose their natual oils on their fur and will dry out

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think I read that it isn't good to bathe them more than once a month or less. They sell wipes that are made specially for dogs at petsmart where they have the shampoos!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I tend to bathe mine every month or so, but in the winter when it is really cold, sometimes I let them go without a bit longer.
As it has already been mentioned, bathing them frequently strips all the natural oils off their coat and skin and could even cause dry skin and allergies.
They do sell pet wipes in all the pet stores I know of and you can rub the dirt off them with that (especially useful in rainy days). And as for the smell, I also sometimes use doggy perfume (I normally only use it after they had a bath and the smell lasts for weeks!)
The one I find really good is the pink doggy perfume from diva dogs. Its quite cheap, very gentle on my chi's skin and the smell lasts for at least 2-3 weeks after 1 spray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.