Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Altogether 2 boys and 2 girls..3 brown and 1 cream..all doing very well and bebe is very protective towards the pups..whenever we go near she will growl so we are leaving her alone for now.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Oh wow CONGRATULATIONS to you and Bebe.
She looks like she is already a good mum to those beautiful puppies.

Cant wait for more pics,,,

You do right leaving them alone for a while, she will need her time to adjust to motherhood. xxx

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rubyfox and Ms_P.

Rubyfox do you need to bring them to the vet to check on the mother and baby when u had yours? Because we are thinking of sending them to the vet tomorrow to let the vet check on them.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I waited a while to take mine to the vet because I was afraid that they would catch something. You need to check their mouths to make sure no one has a cleft pallat and make sure all of them are gaining weight everyday. My vet said to bring them in for their first checkup between 4-6 weeks unless something is noticably wrong. The momma you can take in sooner, but she is not going to want to leave her pups for awhile.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks kim..i dont think i can check on the pups..she's very protective..she would growl or even snap if i go too close to her comfort but the pups are all whiny and moving around so they should be ok.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts