Chihuahua People Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to pop in to let everyone know that The Wee’s and I are doing awesome. Thank you very much to those who are/were concerned. I received some emails regarding a few here asking about us, and why we left the boards. I chose to leave without making a fuss, and not involving others in any drama. I feel this board has way more drama than any board needs. Not only on the boards themselves, but behind the scenes, so to speak. I’m not one to drag others into something that has nothing to do with them, and make them feel they have to choose sides. If it wasn’t for the emails, I wouldn’t even be explaining. Simply put, I don’t have any desire to be a part of a community where members “gang” up on people. This has been my feelings for quite some time, although I have never mentioned it to the mods, or anyone else. These people hide behind many excuses, and continue to wreck havoc around the boards. They will post their adamant claims against certain topics, breeding, etc., but if “their friend” does it, they support it. If a newbie comes in asking for help, they immediately ridicule/harass the person. This is totally unacceptable behavior to me.

Also, on numerous occasions I was urged to respond to certain topics. When members didn’t agree, lashed out, and made false assumptions against me, this person was never there to back me or anything they claimed to be so passionate about. I realize this is just an internet message board, but I felt used and betrayed. I was in a similar situation on a board prior to this one. I wasn’t here, nor was I there, to be taken advantage of, then left to “The Dogs” so to speak. I never posted anything that wasn’t accurate info. Nothing ever directed at anyone specific. I have never been mean/rude to anyone here.

Some members here claim to be so passionate about the breed, concerned to get all the facts out there, but yet still use biasness in some subjects. Whether deliberate or not, it’s contraindicating. The mis-information can also lead to uneducated owners unknowingly putting their pup in grave danger.

When it came down to some following every post I made to nit pick, and poke, I knew it was time for me to move on. I will not reduce myself to going full throttle on a public message board over anything. I love my pups with all of my heart, as does everyone here. But going at someone’s throat over our dogs, is by far the way I conduct myself. Things have become so petty around here, and the meaning behind the board has been completely lost. A place to once share fun pictures, funny stories, happy times, learning and education, has become belittling, lying, using, competitive, etc. I simply have more productive things to do with my time. My breaking point was being accused of “manipulating” my pics. Remember one thing. The very people that are dogging others out in your PM box, are doing the same to you.

I wish you all, and your pups, all the best. But with great debate over a considerable period of time, I feel it’s best to find more productive things to do with what little free time I have.

May God bless you and yours. The Wee’s and I send much love.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
T.
I am very sad, but not surprised, you have chosen to no longer post. I don't know your individual situation, and it is not my business to know. I have certainly enjoyed your contributions, photos, and kindness in the time I have been active here. I, too, have ceased posting on two occasions in the past few months because of the attitudes and negativity displayed in many postings. No one person's thoughts and opinions are "absolutes" on all subjects regarding chis. It is quite alright to have differing opinions, but I have witnessed numerous occasions where comments have escalated to the point of hurtful, sarcastic, and demeaning to other members. No one is right all the time, and it is not at all becoming when people attempt to promote themselves as "all knowing" at the expense of others. I have found you to be a delightful lady and will keep you, your family, and the wees in my prayers. Blessings, Deb

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Sorry to see you go T. I hope nothing but the best for you guys.

You have explained what you needed to explain so I am going to close this thread as I am sure it will not end well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.