Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone

I am a bit of an emotional wreck today as I had to have Becky put to sleep yesterday evening(tuesday). It was the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. Things took a turn for the worse Monday night and she went downhill very quickly.

She stopped being able to wee and was in such terrible discomfort and pain. It was so hard to have to say goodbye to her because she was still so aware of everything that was going on around her. The vets were very good and came to my house to do it.

I asked for her to be sedated before they actually adminstered the final drug. They sedated her on my lap and it was terrible when she went all limp, I just couldn't stay in the room for the rest of it. I left the room and collapsed in a heap. I couldn't sleep last night because she wasn't on the bed with me, even after not sleeping at all the night before as we were at the vets at 2am getting her bladder drained.

I have quoted my introduction post below because it explains what was going on with her and I really am not able to type it all again, it hurts too much.

Hi Everyone,

I am Jennifer (Jen) from Australia and I love all animals but Chihuahuas hold a special place in my heart. For the last twelve years my constant companion has been Becky, a beige and white long coat. The time I have had with her has been the best of my life. She is the most intelligent little one, it's like she knows exactly what I am saying to her. And even though she can't speak with words I know exactly what she is saying back to me by her eyes and expression.

She has been the most precious friend to me but our time together is getting short, unfortunately. She was diagnosed with bladder tumors a couple of months ago and because of a heart condition that she has also, the vets ruled out surgery for her.

She has lost a lot of weight and just in the last few days she has slowed right down. Today she is sleeping a lot and I fear that the time is coming near for me to have to make that dreaded decision that all pet lovers fear. It makes me so incredibly sad to think of her not being around any more. I hate the thought of the massive hole she is going to leave behind in my life.

I do intend to get another Chi though. Just not sure how much time to leave in between. My gut is saying straight away because I won't be able to deal with the emptiness that will be left behind. I'm thinking that I'll get a little boy next time, that way it won't feel like I am replacing Becky.

Anyway that's my story. I didn't mean to go on so long but it's nice to find a place filled with people who love Chihuahuas as much as I do. I really needed that today. Thanks.

Jen
Thanks
Jen

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Jen, I am so very sorry for your loss. Sounds like Becky had a wonderful life with you.

Rest in peace sweet girl.

·
Registered
26 Posts
so sorry for your loss. that must have been so hard. she is still with you, and your soul will find hers again in this life or the next. take comfort in that thought.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Oh no, I'm so very sorry. ((big hug)) I just lost my Pom last year so I relate so much to everything you said. I know how much it hurts and how hard it is. Take comfort in the wonderful memories and take gentle care of yourself, hon. We're here if you ever want to chat or to vent. We are all pet lovers here and we understand. xx

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. RIP you sweet, sweet soul

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Very sorry for your loss :( poor thing, was suffering and had a lovely life with you it sounds.
My old boy is getting close as well, I recently noticed he has gone totally blind in the past few months.

((hugs)))

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Rest in peace dear sweet girl.

Our condolences to all Beckys passing may affect, wishing you the best.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
So sorry to hear of Beckys loss. I cant even imagine how devastated you are, and Im sure she would normally be the one to comfort you on a bad day. Hang in there.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I am so very sorry. :( (((Hugs))) RIP Dear Angel.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost a little one last year and I have never cried so hard. That pain is awful. I hope with each passing day it gets a little easier. (((Hugs)))

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
So very sorry for your loss,it sounds like you and Becky were the best of friends, you were so lucky to have one another for so long. RIP sweet girl.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Jen, I am so very sorry for your loss. There are no words that will easy your pain, but please know there are so many friends here who do understand the pain. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. It was good that you were there for Becky in her final days and were able to help her gently on her way. Please feel free to post pictures or tell us stories of your little angel girl. We are here to help you feel better.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your baby girl.
R.I.P. Sweet Becky.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I am so sorry you have had to go through this.I have had to go through this it was sevral years ago.But it was very hard.It will get better as times goes on I promise.It will take a while,for a while you will want to cry everytime you hear her name.But It will get easir to talk about her and look at pics of her.Here is a poem called Rainbow Bridge it is a very sweet poem.I know of a couple more I am going to look up too.Hope this helps.

RainbowsBridge.com
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

1 - 20 of 60 Posts