Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last Chi slept with me in bed for over 16 years my new Chi took right to my bed the first night. How many of you sleep with your Chi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Laurel slept with me the night I brought her home. She was less than two pounds, so I was very nervous about it, but instinct kicked in. At one point I did wake up in the middle of the night, wonder what that "thing" on my chest was, and start to brush it away before I suddenly remembered that "it" was the baby!

Other than that momentary scare, I slept better than I had in years.

I don't even remember Chocolate's first night home or whether she has ever slept anywhere else.

I'm very content in my little cuddle puddle of a puppy pile. I wouldn't want to sleep all alone.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Aby won’t leave my side she is down for one of her naps she takes during the day.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Laurel spent a lot of time in a sling when she was that age. I put the sling on under my sweatshirt and sometimes even my longjohns so that we could share body heat. I could take that puppy places where labs, pitties, and shepherds just couldn't go.

She literally never left my side until I got Chocolate.

·
Registered
117 Posts
How are your two puppies getting along?

I did the same thing in microcosm with my own "artifical siblings". They are not littermates, but Chocolate is one month younger than Laurel and we also have a kitten who is slightly younger than both puppies.

The size difference between a 9.5 lb Chi mix and a 6.5 lb Chi mix was difficult enough. I didn't think it was safe to adopt an adult cat or to put off raising a kitten with the puppies for much longer.

I'm sure you're very busy with Aby and the Shepherd, but raising them together really is the safest for Aby in the long run.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Butterbean has always slept in my bed, and that's how I've always wanted it. It's big enough that we each can have our own space, though she does get more cuddly when she's cold or nervous or anything like that.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Our 3 year old, Mick, sleeps in our bed. The "senior boys " at 14 years and 15 years old, sleep in doggie beds with their blankets. They can no longer jump up or down from our bed, so it isn't safe for them these days.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How are your two puppies getting along?

I did the same thing in microcosm with my own "artifical siblings". They are not littermates, but Chocolate is one month younger than Laurel and we also have a kitten who is slightly younger than both puppies.

The size difference between a 9.5 lb Chi mix and a 6.5 lb Chi mix was difficult enough. I didn't think it was safe to adopt an adult cat or to put off raising a kitten with the puppies for much longer.

I'm sure you're very busy with Aby and the Shepherd, but raising them together really is the safest for Aby in the long run.

Both puppies are doing great! They are very normal puppies that like to play and sleep all day. The small one can handle her own with the bigger one. Wish I could post videos on here I have some great ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts