Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what all of your opinions are about your chis sleeping in your bed with you at night. I seea lot have crates and beds they put thier chis in..

Gizzy sleeps with me everynight. He usually lays down for bed on his own in his own bed but as soon as i go to sleep he comes up and snuggles till morning.

Just wondering what you thought qnd where do you have them sleep

·
Registered
92 Posts
Honey used to sleep in my bed, but as she got older, she lost her control of her bladder, so now she sleeps in her kennel with a washable bed.
Smokey has his own kennel, but he always goes into Honey's kennel when I say "Night Night"

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Shayley & Kizzie both sleep with me! I couldn't imagine putting them in a crate to sleep at night! They LOVE cuddling up and getting under the nice warm cover by my feet! Never would I have them in a crate to sleep!! Only way I would do that is when they are potty training but still I have been very lucky and never had to do that, they were both very good and slept through the night. I know others have problem with that and I understand the reasons but so glad I haven't had to do that because I'm too weak to do that I feel too bad lol I LOVE waking up in the morning to Shayley or Kizzie's face in mine! I love the little kisses they give and the happiness! When I sleep in and Shay & Kizz are already away they get SO HAPPY when I just move or turn over because they want me to get up and play iwth them and love on them lol it's so sweet! I love my monkeys!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Honey used to sleep in my bed, but as she got older, she lost her control of her bladder, so now she sleeps in her kennel with a washable bed.
Smokey has his own kennel, but he always goes into Honey's kennel when I say "Night Night"
Aw that's so sad bless her. That's how my moms dog was when she got older, so sad to see that too.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Both of ours sleep in the bed with us. Gracie goes straight under the covers as soon as the lights go out, and she won't come out until I drag her out when it's time to make the bed in the a.m. before leaving for work. She's still young, so she is crated in the mornings while I work, but only for approximately 4 hours. Pedro sleeps cuddled up next to either me or my husband all night, but on top of the covers. He is okay to leave loose in the house when we're gone.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Draco does what Gizzy does...he will jump into his bed when we go upstairs, and then he comes up to our bed when we are asleep. He was crated when he was a pup and I think he just likes the good sleep by himself without his humans messing with him.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shayley & Kizzie both sleep with me! I couldn't imagine putting them in a crate to sleep at night! They LOVE cuddling up and getting under the nice warm cover by my feet! Never would I have them in a crate to sleep!! Only way I would do that is when they are potty training but still I have been very lucky and never had to do that, they were both very good and slept through the night. I know others have problem with that and I understand the reasons but so glad I haven't had to do that because I'm too weak to do that I feel too bad lol I LOVE waking up in the morning to Shayley or Kizzie's face in mine! I love the little kisses they give and the happiness! When I sleep in and Shay & Kizz are already away they get SO HAPPY when I just move or turn over because they want me to get up and play iwth them and love on them lol it's so sweet! I love my monkeys!
That is excatly how i feel :) love being woken up by his cuteness and kisses. And sometimes he will fall over on top of me and roll around. I love it :)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aww poor baby :( Gizzy has only had one accident when he was just a pup. So far so good. I think them sleeping together is great :D

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
All 3 sleep in bed with me and i love it!
I find it really comforting and warm.
I just love how they want to cuddle me, then settle to sleep.

They started out in crates (well Darla and Dillon) till they could hold the pee. lol.
Daisy is in the crate at night for now though cause of her spay, i just feel she is better on her own till she heals more.
I bring her up for cuddles first thing before getting up properly.x

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Daisy is in the crate at night for now though cause of her spay, i just feel she is better on her own till she heals more.
I bring her up for cuddles first thing before getting up properly.x
That's exactly what I want to do when I get my third chi; I think it would be better for everyone that way.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Honey sleeps in her pen. I would have her sleep with me but Hubby wont :(
However if there is a storm, she always sleeps with us. If not she freaks out
but thats the only time.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
That's exactly what I want to do when I get my third chi; I think it would be better for everyone that way.
Oh are you getting a 3rd Crystal? how cool!

Yeah Daisy is right next to my bed, bless her.
I miss her in the bed though, but just a wee while longer. :)

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I'm just "browsing" for now.....there's a woman right here where I live who has a male & female for sale and the opportunity is too tempting to pass up so I will just have a look :daisy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts