Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you buy a bed like this made out of regular fleece and snuggle fabic?
3 in 1 bed
I've done some research and I've drafted my own pattern. I'm curious if this is something I could sell in my store and at my booths or just for my own pack. I'll be back with pics.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Honestly I hate to say this, but I would not.
The reason is I have seen this style made out of fleece and what I did not like is
it doesn't keep it's shape. Not sure if I'm explaining it right. What I mean is the
trundle bed in your link keeps it's cup like shape, but when you use a lighter
fabric it just kind of falls over. I actually have one and I only use it as a blanket,
instead of a bed. Not sure if any of this makes sense, I'm running on no sleep
here. But don't just listen to me though, because I'm really picky,lol. Wait and
see what others say. What I would buy is blankets, especially carrier sized ones.
I find it's not easy finding small enough blankets that are cute and durable,
especially at decent prices. But I'm getting off topic! Sorry.;)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If it was thick fleece yes! I buy Bailey blankets at Babies R Us because their fleece blankets are thicker than ones at other stores. I have a snuggle bed like the one in link and I don't care for the material.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
If it was thick fleece yes! I buy Bailey blankets at Babies R Us because their fleece blankets are thicker than ones at other stores. I have a snuggle bed like the one in link and I don't care for the material.

Buying the blankets at a baby store is a brilliant idea!
I don't know how I did not think of that!
Do you find the pricing is better than for the dog blankets?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Buying the blankets at a baby store is a brilliant idea!
I don't know how I did not think of that!
Do you find the pricing is better than for the dog blankets?
I honestly have only bought them at baby stores. The one I just got was $10 They always have fun prints or even plain colors. They seem to last longer also.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
My girls only have baby blankets. To me, they are thicker than the dog blankets that I have seen at pet stores. I am not certain about prices, though.

I also buy from this etsy shop. I have 2 of her snuggle sacks. I love them. They can be washed and dried. Some of the trundle types cannot be put in the dryer. The lining is a really super soft yet heavy fabric-heavier than a fleece (I am not crafty at all so I am giving a poor description) so they can be used as a rolled down bed (my girls do anyway) or burrowed in like a little sleeping bag.

I use them to take all 3 to the vet at once by myself. They laugh at the vet. They always come and open the door joking that they do not want me to hurt my back carrying them in. Then they comment about my "bag full of dogs".

Anyway, if you could make it with a thick fabric as the ladies have already stated, they could be popular.

Here is her shop:
Minky Dots and Marshmallow Fleece Cuddle Sack by hatz4brats

We have this one and then one with the thick brown "nubby fleece" and the outer side is a pink and brown damask pattern.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Honestly I hate to say this, but I would not.
The reason is I have seen this style made out of fleece and what I did not like is
it doesn't keep it's shape. Not sure if I'm explaining it right. What I mean is the
trundle bed in your link keeps it's cup like shape, but when you use a lighter
fabric it just kind of falls over. I actually have one and I only use it as a blanket,
instead of a bed. Not sure if any of this makes sense, I'm running on no sleep
here. But don't just listen to me though, because I'm really picky,lol. Wait and
see what others say. What I would buy is blankets, especially carrier sized ones.
I find it's not easy finding small enough blankets that are cute and durable,
especially at decent prices. But I'm getting off topic! Sorry.;)
I understand what you mean about keeping shape. The snuggle fabic is thicker than fleece. This is a pic of Eva in her rolled down. She can get in and out of it and it stays cupped.

Thanks for the info. I knew I wouldn't like the fabric so I set out to make my own where I could hand pick the fabric. I was also raised with a why buy it when you can make it mantra. ;)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We must have been posting at the same time. :)

My girls only have baby blankets. To me, they are thicker than the dog blankets that I have seen at pet stores. I am not certain about prices, though.

I also buy from this etsy shop. I have 2 of her snuggle sacks. I love them. They can be washed and dried. Some of the trundle types cannot be put in the dryer. The lining is a really super soft yet heavy fabric-heavier than a fleece (I am not crafty at all so I am giving a poor description) so they can be used as a rolled down bed (my girls do anyway) or burrowed in like a little sleeping bag.

I use them to take all 3 to the vet at once by myself. They laugh at the vet. They always come and open the door joking that they do not want me to hurt my back carrying them in. Then they comment about my "bag full of dogs".

Anyway, if you could make it with a thick fabric as the ladies have already stated, they could be popular.

Here is her shop:
Minky Dots and Marshmallow Fleece Cuddle Sack by hatz4brats

We have this one and then one with the thick brown "nubby fleece" and the outer side is a pink and brown damask pattern.
The wash/dry restriction was also a turn off for me. It is for dogs so I needs to be able to go through the washer and dryer with no issues. :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
The one you make and pictured does look like the ones I posted. I love them!

Oh, how I wish I had even a bit of crafty talent!! I guess there have to be those of us who are not to buy from others like you who are!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hmm i know that fabric :D
ive used it on a pillow once
it was a butch :lol: to sew 2 layers~
think its micro plush material

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The one you make and pictured does look like the ones I posted. I love them!

Oh, how I wish I had even a bit of crafty talent!! I guess there have to be those of us who are not to buy from others like you who are!
Yeah. :daisy: Now if I can find more color/print options of this style of fabric

hmm i know that fabric :D
ive used it on a pillow once
it was a butch :lol: to sew 2 layers~
think its micro plush material
I love the print. I bought it for a different project but decided to make Eva a bed out of it. My serger makes it easier than my sewing machine. Joanns advertises it as ultra cuddle fabric or snuggle fabric.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Jen, I should not have opened my big mouth before seeing the picture!!!
Sorry. I like the bed you made, I think I would buy that. Now you just need
to make some in earth tones or animal print, and you got yourself a customer! ;)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Karen,
The Etsy lady you posted is good! I love the giraffe cuddle blanket, it's right up my alley!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jen, I should not have opened my big mouth before seeing the picture!!!
Sorry. I like the bed you made, I think I would buy that. Now you just need
to make some in earth tones or animal print, and you got yourself a customer! ;)
No worries about opening your mouth. I wanted an opinion that wasnt biased and related to me. My aunt and other family/friend think I need to be a hollywood seamstress. :coolwink:

I have one out of this sitting on my sewing table waiting for me to get done on the computer lol.

ah i was thinkin of gettin a serger but didnt know which one was good. i saw mixed reviews for a lot of them
I have this one and love it. It makes sewing renfaire costumes so much easier.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
will keep that one in mind :D i heard brothers were good. i have a brother embroidery machine and love it :) are there different types of threads on serger machines like there are on sewin machines? like for my sewin machine i only use gutermann thread

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Ohh I like the beige bones! Cute! :)

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
They are really made. You'd like her too as she is involved in italian greyhound rescue.
Aww good for her, helping little Iggies. :daisy:
That says a lot about a person.
I love that on Etsy there is a face behind each product,
I've had really good experiences shopping there, everyone
was always kind and helpful. It's a fantastic site.

First time I heard about it was from you actually, and now
I do not know how I ever lived without it. :)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
will keep that one in mind :D i heard brothers were good. i have a brother embroidery machine and love it :) are there different types of threads on serger machines like there are on sewin machines? like for my sewin machine i only use gutermann thread
I have both a brother sewing/embroidery machine and that serger. I use just about every kind of thread on them.
Ohh I like the beige bones! Cute! :)
There did have a giraffe or cheetah too but I only got one to try out.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts