Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porsha got stung by a wasp I cant figure out were ( I imagine it will swell) She was on back porch and all the sudden started welping and there were 2 wasps flying around her. I have given her some tylenol. :cry: I guess if she starts to swell or act sick i will take her to vet but for now ill just watch her.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
She got stung in the corner of her right eye. swelling like crazy. I just got off the phone with vet and she said give benadryl. :cry:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
she is sleeping she has 2 diffrent swollen area one above eyebrow area and in the corner of her eye and she keeps licking her right leg. I cant find any stingers but i believe she got stung 3 times. damn wasps there nest is going bye bye tonight when my husband gets home I think she must have gotten curiouse and they attacked her. :evil: Ticks me off. I have a small cat house on my back porch and sure enough theres a nest inside it.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
bless her little heart , hope she is ok ? My lad is always trying
to catch bees/wasps etc ,really worrys me :(

Please give your precious girl a hug from me {{{hugs}}}

Sara xx

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
KJsChihuahuas said:
Give baby aspirin instead :wink:

Is that what we should all do if one of our babies gets stung ? (how much?)
maybe we could have a post something like ' what to do if your Chi gets stung ' when I spoke to my vet a while ago about this she said if he gets stung in the mouth to try and put ice cubes on the spot ?

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I really would like to see a sticky for this. It is such a common occurence I know at one time some kind person here said about giving benadryl and how much but for the life of me I can't remember the details ( i should have printed it out :roll: ) Auggie is always chasing bees too :(

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Yep i agree baby asprine and childrens benadryl...call the vet to see how much u should give...but i know for ginger being only 3lbs she got a fourth of a baby asprin

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:wave: well ita almost 4pm and she is acting better but she looks like she got punched in the eye. it is almost swollen shut. and YESTHE VET SAID TO NEVER GIVE TYLENOL!!! I knew you could give baby asprin but i didnt have any so i figured tylenol would be ok. IT IS NOT :!: BUT THE VET SAID TO GIVE BENADRYL1/4 OF TABLET.I didnt know tylenol could kill her :oops:

Thanks for your kind words and she has gotten tons of loving.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I found this information on wasps. Hope it helps.

Stings
All female stinging wasps can defend themselves and their nests by using their ovipositor to inject venom. Males do not have a stinger. No species will attack a human except in defense. If the colonies of some yellow-jacket and hornet species are disturbed, they may respond by releasing more than 100 defending wasps, each capable of delivering several stings. The nests of these species should be left alone or removed professionally if they are considered a nuisance. Wasp venom contains factors that release histamine, which dissolves red blood cells. Most people can survive many stings, responding with only temporary pain and swelling, but to hyperallergic individuals-about 1 percent of the population-a wasp sting can be fatal.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Tinker said:
Childrens benadryl for the swelling and reaction to the venom and baby aspirin for the discomfort. Ice feels good on the stings if you can keep it on them.

YEP that is what ya do!! nice job Tink :wink:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
OH MY GOSH!! Poor baby..you must be worried and P-offed... :evil:

Mean wasps...we have alot of them floating around...I can't find their nest though...

I had NO IDEA you couldn't give a dog childrens tylenol.. :shock:

I just don't give him meds, unless it;s okayed by the vet...but that's something I probably would have given him...

Geeeesh.... :oops:

I hope your baby is feeling better...I would be at loss as to what to do...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
NO no no dont give tylenol. only baby asprin. I didnt know any better. :shock: :oops:
the article GADGETSMOM POSTED HAS TO BE TRUE cause Porsha had wasps flying all around her and we figure was stung 3 times. When my husband got home he figured he would nock the nest loose and throw it in dumpster, wrong!!! there were wasp everywhere like they just appeared out of thin air :shock: these are the red looking wasp. in the morning im gonna get some wasp spray and try to get rid of them. :evil: The bad part is Porsha doesnt want to go out and she keeps looking around like she is looking for something to get her (PARANOID ACTING) i guess the trama of it must have her freaked out. Her swelling is down by 1/2.

Once again THANKS FOR YOUR WARM THOUGHTS AND WELL WISHES :p

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I'm so glad Porsha is better now. Darn wasp's. I did not know about not giving tylenol either and I think a sticky on the subject would be great. Kay

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
mm i hope porsha feels better soon

i'm going to the pharmacist and get me some baby aspirins and Benadryl just in case :? with three chi's a lot can happen !!

i hope they have bendaryl here too

kisses nat

1 - 20 of 21 Posts