Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for not being around... I mean... join a forum and then abandon it? Eek!
I'e been so busy the last few weeks, I am currently in the middle of end-of-summer deep clean and trying desperately to get my 7 year old ready for back to school (6 days, hallelujah!), AND we just got two baby ratties, haha. Been a busy few weeks!
Jezabel has integrated fully into the family-- she no longer starts squabbles with the other two dogs, and has made friends with my normally very dog aggressive cat. I am relatively sure that he thinks she IS a cat!
Anyways. Pictures? :D

Jezzie got a nice little wardrobe from a friend... her JRT used these as a puppy but has obviously outgrown them haha.

Jezzie is also fascinated by the rats. She loves to watch them! She hasn't actually "met" met yet, except for through the cage. She has not yet reached the level of obedience in which I would feel comfortable letting her that close. Keira and Bruce, however, have "met" them, and are very gentle and sweet with them :)

I wish I had been able to get a "better" picture-- since this just looks messy lol. But Poe is a cat, and well... he acts like one too! But for the purpose of emphasis, I share the picture. None of our foster dogs or owned dogs have ever been able to be this close to Poe (the cat) without being attacked by him. I just plopped Jezzie down and snagged the picture before Poe hid again haha.

She is the biggest cuddlebug. :D Right now, she is passed out with my son in his bed (she will be taken to bed with my husband as soon as he gets home haha)

And another just because I am so proud of her :D

And you'll likely notice her nails are a little long. The were HORRIBLE when she got to me, and she would scream and bite (HARD) if I tried to touch her feet. I decided not to traumatize her, and work on desensitizing her feet before attempting to cut her nails. It paid off! I am finally able to trim them with only struggling, no screaming or biting! I am so thrilled with her progress!

This is what her nails looked like on her way home to me:

:)

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Welcome back!! I was off for a bit as well. Kids being home sleeping in left less time on the internet lol..My kids have been back to school for a week and half now so I can also be around more hopefully.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome back!! I was off for a bit as well. Kids being home sleeping in left less time on the internet lol..My kids have been back to school for a week and half now so I can also be around more hopefully.
That's the hope for me too! Maybe once my daughter is in school, I can manage my time better hahaha! :D

Aw, all your fur family are beautiful!
Thank you! :D

· Banned
10,736 Posts
Love the pics, especially the one with you & your pups.
Those nails were AWFUL! Poor girl. I'm glad she has made
progress in your home, she looks content. :)

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome back. All your babies are gorgeous. I love rats, I had a few in my life. Very sweet, smart animals.
We've had them before too :) Back before we could afford a dog lol... oh man, I love them, they are so cool!

Love the pics, especially the one with you & your pups.
Those nails were AWFUL! Poor girl. I'm glad she has made
progress in your home, she looks content. :)
She's doing a whole lot better-- and the nails are slowly getting shorter. The quicks were sooo long, I'm having to take off a little bit every week until I get them manageable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.