Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday i found a bubble like ball on deanos bum, he's been acting strange all week being very quiet so when i noticed it i went straight to my mum and told her and she said right we'll go to the vets. So i was holding him as we walked to the car and...it burst....on me! So i was stood there in my white blouse for school, kinda with this look on my face --> :? so i changed out of my browny covered shirt and then finally got to the vets. My mum thought it was an absess. So we sat in the vets for 3 hours and finally got in and he did agree it was an absess on his anal glands and he is being treated by antibiotics and if that does help, then steroids then if that does help the operation (if it recurs). I held deano as he checked out with his back end and i have never ever heard a dog cry like that before. I hated seeing him such agony! he was screaming! For a little dog i couldnt believe how loud he was! He's a bit quiet now and cant really sit on his bum but we are going to let him soak in a warm bath in the morning to sooth and clean it. He had two injections, an antibiotic needle and a steriods one. he's sleeping right now but he will never like the vets again!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Poor Deano! I know what you mean about how loud they can cry. It just breaks your heart doesn't it?? Hope the poor baby feels better soon. :(

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Poor Deano! It's so sad when they're in so much pain and you feel so helpless! I hope he's feeling a lot better really soon! Give him a big hug from me. Poor little guy :(

·
Registered
534 Posts
Get well quick Deano.....warm saltwater will help w/ any inflamation and may help sooth the soreness.....and its perfectly safe, and also helps clean out infection. Poor lil man! :cry:

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for your kind comments, deano is still alittle quiet and sulking after his trip to the vet but he's having a sleep now. Yeah i was going to put some salt in his warm bath. I felt really hopeless especially he kept giving me those eyes like "mum get me out of here" but it was for the best to get it treated.
Thank you all again!
xxfayexx

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
I kept bathing it lots of times a day and it dried up clear quite quickly once the yuk is out.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
and remember, get his glands expressed regularly and only if it recurs with regular expression then consider the operation :) sorry he is sore :( poor baby, he needs a treat ;)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
and remember, get his glands expressed regularly and only if it recurs with regular expression then consider the operation :) sorry he is sore :( poor baby, he needs a treat ;)
You took the words right out of my mouth, Mandy. :lol: Seems some vets these days are a little too gung-ho on surgery. To me, surgery is the last resort.

Hope he feels better real soon.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i will do - he was a little sore but he has loosened up abit he was abit tense to put his bum down. Ill give him lots of baths and hopefully surgery wont be needed, as its my last options.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts