Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Princess and I are back after a 1 month trip to the US. We went to visit my family in Atlanta and took a road trip to Florida. We had a great time but shes been acting up since we got back. Princess is litter trained and has never been one to get into the trash. Yesterday she stayed home with my husband and he left the house to eat lunch and when he got back she had torn open the trash and left it all over the entire house, yuck! Then we went out to a movie and upon arrival she had gone number 2 twice on my hubbies pants. Shes almost 7 months now and we have never had this problem... any suggestions???

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
LOL I' sorry but my dogs do the exact same thing when they are mad at me. In her eyes you did something she didn't like and she is showing you she is mad. When I brought Kylie home for the first time Tequila popped ALL OVER my bed and my clean cloths that were in the laundry basket.

Kylie will tip over the garbage and rip apart EVREYTHING if she is mad at me...normally if I leave her up in my room and I go downstairs for a period of time.

The only thing I can tell you is to punish her when she does this. Give her a time-out if you catch her in the garbage, put her on her litter pan if you catch her pooping where she shouldnt be.

The fact she poopped on ur hubie's pants hints that maybe she is mad at him...naybe she doesnt want to be alone and was mad because he left. This has happened when both of you were gone so she is getting upset that you are leaving.
I would suggest maybe crating her if this continues and slowly get her use to being along, starting with brief periods of her being alone and slowly making those periods longer.

Arent they just the funniest dogs...they actually get mad and will tell you they are mad by doing this. I am sure other people have similar stories,
Again, I wouldnt worry, but if this continues I would start crate-training her again.

Good luck!!!!
-Jessica

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Oh yeah, there's nothing like a chi deciding you need to be punished. She is sayinga plain as she can that she shouldn't have to be left alone ever. It sounds like the trip convinced her she doesn't have to be. You can get her back in the groove with some work.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Oh yeah, she's letting you know she is an unhappy and mad diva! :lol:

Jasmine got upset with me a couple of weeks ago - I left to run some errands and didn't take her with me as I had a couple of places to go that she couldn't, and it was too hot to leave her in the car. When I got home, she had completely destroyed one of the throw pillows on the sofa. There was pillow stuffing all over the living room - when I came in the door, and said "Jasmine, what have you done?" , she just looked at me as if to say - "look what you made me do" and calmly got up and got in her bed. :lol:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
hehe...i think it's always so funny when they are mad !!!

yesterday i've left them for the first time in the veranda (normally they have free run of the house ) but i just cleaned and the floor had to dry ,normally i stay with them if it dries .
but i went to the stores and when i came back they had ripped their potty pad in thousand pieces :shock:

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Hehe good I am glad she is not mad at you. There really isnt a lot you can do if your chi has decided you need to be punished...lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts