Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He told me I gave my dogs to much freedom :cry: that it was just as bad as abusing them because I am destorying them mentally. :cry:

He was very stick and VERY rude I did not like how he was at all he didnt seem like he wanted to work with me. He told me I need to ban my dogs from parts of the house for me to go out and buy baby gates and ban them from the living room and kitchen.

He told me problems with dogs start at home...He told me they eat what they want and drink as much as they want and run the whole house that dogs have to know who is alpha and should not be allowed run of a home.

I feel bad because he said I was abusing my dogs mentally by letting them have free roam.... :cry:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Auggie has free run of our whole condo and I don't see that as a problem or an alpha dog issue :roll: I don't agree with that person

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me Either...I think Ill just go talk to Joann she is a wonderful person she shows chihuahuas and has a degree in Aminal behavior so I KNOW she will be alot more help then this perosn... :evil:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
wow!!! too much freedom and them needing to learn who is alpha are different in my eyes! my poor tasha bird wasn't an inside pet. she was just a tool used for hunting to the other owner. when i brought her into my home she had no idea what to do with herself. she wouldn't get up on the bed, or chair. i had to coax her with treats to come in the bed. i had to erase 8 years of bad ownership. and having too much freedom was not on anyone's lips when i started having problems with all her anxieties and ocd. i'm appalled. i have seen dogs "run" the household and were bitey and alpha towards their owners and everyone else they encountered. and the owners thought it was cute and stuff now that is what i call too much freedome! i couldn't wait to hear what happened today, but now i'm aggravated.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
That's just plain stupid. Marcus has the run of the house and you can bet he knows Mom is alpha. He does not have the run of the business because he could get hurt there but he does have the run of all the safe places. Mental abuse phooey.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Believe me the drive home was awful this guy clearly didnt know what he was doing. How in the world could he have a degree when I could have told him more about dogs and there behavior then he told me. I know my dogs arent abused by having free roam Errr I'm glad everyone feels the same way about this guy as I do... :evil:

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I cant believe he sadi you gave them too much drink - I mean they should have as much toio drink as they like :twisted:

·
Registered
91 Posts
This crazy especially "they get to eat what they want and drink when ever they want?" Well I hope everyone lets there dog drink when every they want. You can't just hover over your dog 24/7 makeing sure he doesn't poo till 7:30. I think that guys is a little out of his tree. I'm sure you treat your dogs wonderfully.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I must be an abuser also then, because my 2 have the run of our home ( and me LOl ) and eat/drink whenever they want ! They also are the sweetest little girls and a joy to be around !

·
Registered
634 Posts
That is just ridiculous. :roll: I think your friend who shows Chi's can offer you much more help. Don't let that man upset you. Clearly he is an idiot. :x

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
oh my poor dogs are heavily abused then :roll:

what a nutso !!! :? ...is he thinking he was working with killer dogs ??

i think it's best to consult that lady instead :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
oh my poor dogs are heavily abused then :roll:

what a nutso !!! :? ...is he thinking he was working with killer dogs ??

i think it's best to consult that lady instead :wink:

kisses nat
yes! baby the killer chi! and sasha mutant killer from another planet! :roll:

the more i think about this the more i get annoyed. i guess he is one of those people that thinks dogs should be dogs and not pets or part of the family. i'm one of those that thinks they are parts of the family and even thinking of them as a pet doesn't sit right with me. but a pet is treated better than "some dog" i hope he don't have any animals.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Even my boyfriend thought he was nuts reading this. He said "So what are we suppose to do, tell the dogs You had enough water. It's not my fault yeater day you were lazy and laied around all day and to day you ran a marathon. You get no more water. I don't care if you are thirsty. I'm the Alpha here!"

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:? What a dumb guy, how is he supposed to do business this way...he's probably one of those morons that think the only dog that deserve respect is a big dog! :x

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
:roll: Can you please explain to me why some people are aloud to breed???? :? He is a complete MORON and IDIOT. My dogs are clearly abused then, and everyone else's on here for that matter. Find someone else please don't take his worthless opinion for anything. :wink:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
nabi said:
I must be an abuser also then, because my 2 have the run of our home ( and me LOl ) and eat/drink whenever they want ! They also are the sweetest little girls and a joy to be around !
You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm just a terrrible abuser! :lol:
Jasmine has the run of the house, the run of my daughter's house, and she eats and drinks whenever she wants. Oh, and I also give her special treats from time to time - like cheese, small bites of ham and chicken. :lol:

Guess she must just really be an exceptional furbaby, being so sweet and loveable when she is SO abused! Give me a break. This guy is a nutso.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
i guess he is one of those people that thinks dogs should be dogs and not pets or part of the family. i'm one of those that thinks they are parts of the family and even thinking of them as a pet doesn't sit right with me.
Lily's not part of my family, she IS my family. And call me crazy but when she's thirsty, I actually let her drink water. Please don't report me to the SPCA for being abusive.

Moron alert! :roll:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts