Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a chi mom for a little over 2 months now and I have noticed that I've developed some special skills that can only coming from owning such a dog. Like being able to walk around the house while a tiny dog is weaving in and out of your legs, and not tripping! And coming home from a long days work and finding your dirty clothes spread all over the floor with a lil chi right in the middle of all of it looking up at you with them big round eyes as if to say, " I didn't do it." and the only thing you could do is laugh! I have to say I never thought I could be so much in love with something that weighs less then a sack of potatoes, but I do! And I wanted to thank everyone for being there for me when Felony broke her leg and was going through all that recover.

Love Melissa

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Yeah I can relate :roll: , I am a neat freak yet my babies "stuff" is everywhere!!!!!! and more than I care to admit is manipulated with dog parafenalia (??) yet I just seem to accept it.....these dogs have a big hold over me too :lol:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
yes....I too have fallen madly and deeply in love with my 4 pound toughie...I have another dog, but he became my moms dog after I moved away for college...so I never had a dog that was mine...

Gizmo is the light in my life... :angel5: I am so happy to have him and I don't care if I sound crazy to other non chi owners...but he is my baby...and to him...I am his mother...he follows me everywhere, and seeks my approval on things lately...lol

My husband thinks I am nuts..LOL...but I tell him...he is all mine and I am responsible for that little life...so that does make me his mummy...My mother understands me as my toy poodle (Joey) is just like a baby...and he is 11...heck even my mother in law calls me and asks me "How is the baby doing"

And yes..I can skillfully walk around with him running everywhere and not step on him...the best parts are when I hold him when he gets sleepy and he just looks into my eyes....sigh'

I just melt.... :love4:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been mom to Tinkerbell since June 13, 2004. It's so great to walk in the door from work and pick Tinker up. I love getting chi kisses. Tinker is in my lap at all times.

Kris and Tinker

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
i'm so dedicated to my girl, since i don't spend enough time with her while i'm at work then when i get home kylie wants my attention that soon as kylie goes to bed i sit up and play/pet/cuddle with chiwi until 2 am, knowing i have to get up 4 hours later.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i've been having coco for 7 weeks now. i'm a teacher and we have been out of school for three weeks now. so i have been able to spoil her more. i don't know who is spoiling her more, me or my husband. :D but that really doesn't matter. she is considered our baby and to my parents she is their granddog.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Being a chi mom is a constant joy. It's also a lot of worry and a big responsibility but I welcome both because that's part of the deal. I'll do anything to give Lily a long, happy, healthy life because my world is a much better place with her in it. I plan all my free time around her... all of it. And I think that's what other people find so hard to understand. What's to understand? I'm happiest when I'm with Lily, so there you are.

My parents wouldn't dream of calling me and not asking, "How's the baby?" :lol:

When she looks in my eyes I melt and when she snuggles against my neck I know I've been blessed. I'm the center of her world and she's the heart and soul of mine.

There is nothing in this world like chi love. :love7:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
I'm definitely over the moon about Auggie. he is my baby. My hallway is completely filled with his toys too. He is able to worm his way into peoples hearts easily. he has 2 of my neighbors properly awed :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Oh my... I have had Gadget for almost 6 months... I have known him and been around him all his life... I never thought that I could be so much in love with him. He is the sunshine in my world. he is my little man... he came into our lives and moved in on our hearts like nobody would ever think he would... i havehad dogs before but none of which I was this attached too... hevan help me when I go back to work and have to leave him at home...

I love everythign about him.... I love it when he makes me smile, I love it when he makes me laugh, I would never think I would love him when he makes me mad, but I do... I think the best part is I love him when he is sitting next to me in the car and he has to put his head on my leg and look up at with those big black eyes....

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I'm a neat freak, too. But somehow, having Jasmine's toys all over the house doesn't bother me at all. :lol:

Rach, I know what you mean about planning your life around Lily. I pretty much plan mine around Jasmine. I don't plan a vacation where I can't take her and try very hard to include her in everything I do. Haven't figured out how to take her to church with me though. :lol:

I just feel so blessed to share my life with Jasmine - when she looks at me with this big eyes, I'd give her the moon if I could. Jeez, I know some people would think we are nuts.

·
Registered
538 Posts
You know it's funny.....If I had ever been on this forum before I got a chi, I probably would have thought that everyone was a little over the top. But, now that I have one, I can totally relate. There is just something about them. I don't know what it is. I've ownedand loved dogs all my life. But, I've never felt about any of them like I do Taco. Why is that? I spend all my free time with him because I want to. I even have a Golden Retreiver that's 8 years old, and I don't feel the same about him. I love him of course, but it's different. I even feel kind of guilty about that.

·
Registered
393 Posts
chimom said:
Haven't figured out how to take her to church with me though. :lol:
Not sure if you've ever heard of it, but there was a TV program called the Vicar of Dibley - in it she had a service for animals in one episode, & it was wonderful! V.v. funny & touching too!

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I've had my boy 8 months and every single day I've had him has been so wonderful :) waking up and the first thing I see is his precious face , he makes every day good for me :):)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts