Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm sitting here with a loaf of hair dye in my roots I hate colouring my hair but can't afford a salon right now.. Normally I have my eyebrows threaded but saving money so gotta pluck them took my acrylics off and need to shave my legs... I'm painting a really pretty picture aren't I lol

I hate being female at times I'm not one of those naturally pretty women I have to work hard to look half respectable I've kinda let myself go recently gone back to being naturally ugly and thought I should make some sort of effort!!!

I use to have a face full of makeup perfectly styled hair, polished nails, always in heels and dressed well.

I've turned into a proper slob :( greasy hair unplucked brows, nasty nails and just look plain rough :(

I think I might paint my stumpy nails later too :(

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
LOL Sara, i feel your pain!
Am sure you are not as bad as you describe though.

I have been too lazy to do all the makeup and nails etc... lately, plus havin a new pup doesnt give me much time.LOL
I always dye my own hair though since i have done that for years and anytime i have let a salon they have missed bits.
It is hella long and thick and i hate that job, but needs must. lol
Sometimes i enjoy just pampering myself.

I wore full makeup etc.. when i went to pick up Dillon, not goin out makeup but still took a while, and it felt nice although when i got home i could not wait to get it all off and let my skin breathe again, and get into my nighty haha!!

The next time i will be really done up will be in October for my neice's wedding.
I have a cool 50's style polka dot dress and Bolero to match and all red accessories, will have 2 red flowers in my hair, red lippy the lot hehe!!
I am sure to feel good about myself that day.
It's been a while since i went all out like that.
Will get my hair trimmed and styled and get my nails done too while am at it.
On the day of the wedding i am doing my Neice's makeup so be a real early rise for me.

Life just gets in the way these days eh?
I miss goin to my best pals once a week and doin the whole girlie pampering session, but she moved away and got married. Some people eh, Stinks!! lol

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
You girls are soooo funny!! I can relate totally! I'm doing a hair straightening today myself. I have a 25 year class reunion in Sept. Gonna put fake nails on because I bite mine to little stubs, then cause my hairs so long gonna either try to butcher it myself or find someone to cut it which never pleases me but will do. Mother of 3 5-year olds & one is my Chi Midgie doesn't leave much time for poor little me, but that's o.k. cause I'm VERY happy with my girls!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
haha! I barely do anything other than brush my hair to be all done. I'm not one of those people who looks good without makeup, I just refuse to wear it unless its a wedding or something similar, and even then its only a little bit of gloss and some eye shadow! (and very very very occasionally putting pink streaks in my hair)

I dont really put much into my appearence at all - My sisters the one who does that!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
LOL I feel your pain Sarah! I have to do something with my hair this week, thankfully my good friend is a stylist with Tony & Guy so I just go to her house when she is off.
I find the acrylics so harsh on the natural nail beds! every time I take them off my own nails are like paper for a few weeks.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL Sara, i feel your pain!
Am sure you are not as bad as you describe though.

I have been too lazy to do all the makeup and nails etc... lately, plus havin a new pup doesnt give me much time.LOL
I always dye my own hair though since i have done that for years and anytime i have let a salon they have missed bits.
It is hella long and thick and i hate that job, but needs must. lol
Sometimes i enjoy just pampering myself.

I wore full makeup etc.. when i went to pick up Dillon, not goin out makeup but still took a while, and it felt nice although when i got home i could not wait to get it all off and let my skin breathe again, and get into my nighty haha!!

The next time i will be really done up will be in October for my neice's wedding.
I have a cool 50's style polka dot dress and Bolero to match and all red accessories, will have 2 red flowers in my hair, red lippy the lot hehe!!
I am sure to feel good about myself that day.
It's been a while since i went all out like that.
Will get my hair trimmed and styled and get my nails done too while am at it.
On the day of the wedding i am doing my Neice's makeup so be a real early rise for me.

Life just gets in the way these days eh?
I miss goin to my best pals once a week and doin the whole girlie pampering session, but she moved away and got married. Some people eh, Stinks!! lol
You can see my full face makeup on FB.. ah man i miss the days of smokey eyes and eyelashes.. :( i love feeling nice but like you i love a bare face i hate the feel of make up on my face!!!

You're going to look gorgeous i love red lippy.. lol must post a pic of my red lippy i have big lips so they look like pillar box red its fab!!

Maybe when i go out on Sunday i might put a face of make up on depending if i get up early enough.. my roots have gone now.. its just drying naturally!

You girls are soooo funny!! I can relate totally! I'm doing a hair straightening today myself. I have a 25 year class reunion in Sept. Gonna put fake nails on because I bite mine to little stubs, then cause my hairs so long gonna either try to butcher it myself or find someone to cut it which never pleases me but will do. Mother of 3 5-year olds & one is my Chi Midgie doesn't leave much time for poor little me, but that's o.k. cause I'm VERY happy with my girls!!
I have a 10 year old who is v hard work.. and i use to work 55 hours a week and still have time to beautify myself.. need to start caring again i think.

haha! I barely do anything other than brush my hair to be all done. I'm not one of those people who looks good without makeup, I just refuse to wear it unless its a wedding or something similar, and even then its only a little bit of gloss and some eye shadow! (and very very very occasionally putting pink streaks in my hair)

I dont really put much into my appearence at all - My sisters the one who does that!
No Offence meant but you are like my worst nightmare!!! When i was younger i use to be terrible so into my appearance i suppose it just means you're comfortable in your own skin.. im not im very very self conscious if i have no make up on!! I look ROUGH ROUGH and about 18 years old ha ha although thats quite a good thing really.

Why do you refuse to wear it?? I find that quite bizarre.. i know people who won't wear it because they dont know how to apply it properly and that is a big thing with make up.. (omg Terri see told you i should do your job!!!)

IMO everyone could do with a make over!!!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL I feel your pain Sarah! I have to do something with my hair this week, thankfully my good friend is a stylist with Tony & Guy so I just go to her house when she is off.
I find the acrylics so harsh on the natural nail beds! every time I take them off my own nails are like paper for a few weeks.
Ive had mine off for about a month still not growing ha ha ha ha ha.. booo

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Sarah did you have your eyelashes done as well? I used to get mine done all the time! so much better than messing with false lashes... sexy eyes everyday I say! LOL

·
Registered
45 Posts
Being a girl at times is very hard not to mention expensive. I just bought a new razor this morning and spent $13 on it. I have really stopped being girly and putting much effort into my appearance. I am seperated from my husband right now and am in a huge who cares what I look like slump. I havent shaved my legs in about 2 months Im beginning to look like Pippa.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
I used to tint other folks eyelashes and brows, but never my own.
In my extreme Goth days i had no brows, now i have some, but mainly draw them in. lol
So i always have to do something before i leave the house, or i look hella scarey.:D

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nope not done my lashes.... i use to i use to wear falsies ALL the time.. love love them.. the longer the better.. omg im gonna have to post some photos hahahaha

Terri you look all dita von tease!!!

My2Chis.. give yourself a make over and show your ex husband what he's lost out on!!!!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I got constant Dita comparisons when I had the the long black hair, I always had it retro styled. I'm sure my fashion sense didn't help that any! LOL

·
Registered
455 Posts
Urgh I feel your pain. I have had exams for like the last month and I haven't even botther getting dressed properly, literally for weeks, I only leave my flat lately to walk Feodore and I look like a propper minger! People say I am being a scouser for going out PJ bottoms, uggs and a hoody. I need to sort my life out!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kitty id rather dita von tease than being compared to katie price.. i get so pissed off with that.

Urgh I feel your pain. I have had exams for like the last month and I haven't even botther getting dressed properly, literally for weeks, I only leave my flat lately to walk Feodore and I look like a propper minger! People say I am being a scouser for going out PJ bottoms, uggs and a hoody. I need to sort my life out!
Hahaha Scouse.. eh eh eh eh eh lol.. Ah im always in my tracky bums walking daisy.. couldn't give a stuff.. its ok with the hot weather coz u can put sunnies on lol

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I've never been a real 'girly girl' as my hubby puts it, wasn't ever taught by my mom how to do stuff like pluck eye brows etc. Hubby and his sisters have taught me a lot. I have to be very careful what makeup I wear, right now can only wear Physicians Formula, am allergic to everything else and it's EXPENSIVE.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I also dont wear any makeup.Im very fair and a natural honey
blonde with natural light blonde streaks thru my hair
and eyebrow and lashes on one side.Its a birth streak.
Dying my hair is out.I dont know how to do natural looking
makeup.Wish you lived here and could teach me Terri!

I see old ladies with heavy makeup and forgive me for this,
but they look like dead hookers!! I will not stoop to that
to look made up!! Id rather look natural even if its pale looking!
My hubby prefers it too so I will probably check out this way!!

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
LOL Rhonda you crack me up!!
I would so give you a lovely natural glow with makeup if you lived close.

I do know what you mean, I dont like the mutton dressed as lamb look either.
I think some older woman can pull off a good evening makeup, depends on your genes too and style.
I think i will always look alterantive or scary as my best pal says, lol she is the same as me.
I have just toned down my look, and now love the pinup style more than the whole gothic look.
As long as my lippy doesnt bleed into my face i am laughin!! lol

My mum was never into wearing makeup, just a bit of lippy.
She was also older generation and didnt do all the girlie stuff with me really, but as i got older i taught her things,and she became cool! lol

I used to play about with my older cousins makeup, and would borrow my oldest sisters high heels when i was a teenager cause she had teeny feet, same size as me. lol
The sis i had grown up with was a bit of a meany and hated me even going into her room, but i did get to borrow some clothes to get dolled up in for my first clubbing days. lol
My cousin liked to look very very brown though, i mean way too much thick dark foundation!! i am surprised i ended up good at my own and other folks after seeing her get ready for a night on the town.
It could have scarred me for life. haha!! but bless her she was very kind to me when i was a kid.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts