Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nothing fancy, just me on my way out to a Halloween thing, and the babies in their Halloween collars. I LOVE all the fancy Halloween outfits your furbabies have, I just haven't had the funds or much time to really get into it, or any seasonal outfits for that matter. I mostly have different collars for the different seasonal things, and let it go at that.

Here is "the family" lol!

And a closer shot

And even closer lol!​

Tango lookin' all "zen."

Babysitting my "granddog" Chloe, for my daughter who went out of town with her boyfriend to New Orleans for Halloween.

And one final one.

And by the time we'd gotten done taking these shots, the furbabies had glitter all OVER their fur. I LOVE glitter lol! When I'm going out to something special, I glitter my hair, my skin, sometimes even doing my eyes with glittery makeup. My poor man! By the time we'd danced the night away, he had glitter all over his shirt, his face, in his hair....and he's a pretty conservative sort. ;) But he was, as always, very good natured about the whole thing. Such a sweetie. :love1:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That necklace and earrings? I'm a thrifty shopper, I don't make much money. :D I found the necklace on clearance at Walgreens, one of their after-Halloween blowout sales, several years ago. It was $4.00! And the earrings were another find at The Dollar Store, for....yes.....one dollar! I don't typically dress for Halloween, but like with my babies, I try and accessorize for the different seasons....jewelry, scarves, socks etc., some little touch to commemorate the season or holiday.

I can't believe my good fortune having found those things, that totally compliment each other (spider necklace and spider web earrings) at such a good price, from two entirely different stores!

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
no way!!! the necklace looks like it cost a fortune!!!
only just noticed the earrings - they are ace too!

your granddog Chloe is gorgeous - what breed is she??

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no way!!! the necklace looks like it cost a fortune!!!
only just noticed the earrings - they are ace too!

your granddog Chloe is gorgeous - what breed is she??
Awwww thanks! I love her to death, almost as much as I love my granddaughters. :D

She's a cockapoo.....a cocker spaniel/poodle mix. She's a rescue, is almost 11 years old, and is in superb health. She was a "family" dog when my ex-husband and I were still together, but she completely bonded to Paige, my daughter, so when we divorced, Chloe remained with Paige and me. And then when Paige moved out a couple years ago, there was NO question that Chloe was going to go with her. To have done anything else would have just been cruel!

She's the sweetest baby, well trained (totally under voice command) and extremely adaptable.

Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh bless!

Love those collars! Very cute!
That glittery one, on Jazz? I'd gone to a Halloween thing the Friday before Halloween, and I wore her collar as a bracelet! :D It was an orange and black themed event, so I wore all black clothes, orange Halloween socks and an orange scarf, but I needed something else, too, it just didn't look quite right with orange on both ends and none in the middle. Then I remembered that collar! It made a perfect bracelet!

The things we'll do to improvise, when the money doesn't quite stretch, or we're in a pinch for something to wear, eh?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
That glittery one, on Jazz? I'd gone to a Halloween thing the Friday before Halloween, and I wore her collar as a bracelet! :D It was an orange and black themed event, so I wore all black clothes, orange Halloween socks and an orange scarf, but I needed something else, too, it just didn't look quite right with orange on both ends and none in the middle. Then I remembered that collar! It made a perfect bracelet!

The things we'll do to improvise, when the money doesn't quite stretch, or we're in a pinch for something to wear, eh?
hah what a good idea! id never have thought of that! x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts