Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya all, what a crazy few hours ive just had!
took cleo to the vet today for her first injection and check over,she's fit and well was wormed and flead,had her injection she didnt make a peep,then while i was chatting to the vet she started crying her head off bless her,i took bell too to be weighed and wormed
shes 5.5lb at 7 months..do you think she will get any bigger?
cleo is 1.6lb at 8 weeks (bell wasnt even that at 11weeks lol)
i get home and try to settle cleo as she's a bit stressed out from the trip,then bell comes running in squeeling like mad holding her front paw up,so im feeling around and shes crying when i touch it so im thinking she's got a cramp or pulled a muscle,then she starts going all sleepy with the pain (i think) and shivering..all her gums are white and lips and ears so i give her some glucose to perk her up a bit (which it did) she's acting really weird which is freaking me out,then i see her paw has swollen up like a little ballon,i knew then that she had been stung AGAIN,she was stung about 3/4 weeks ago,this dog is a bee magnet bless her,i wrapped it up in an ice pack and after about an hour she was back to normal,
ive got a really bad headache now i think its from the adrenalin rush lol
they will be the death of me lol. god knows how i would cope if i had kids!

·
Registered
407 Posts
What a day you have had!Did you give her some Benadryl? How is Cleo now? Hope you dont have to return to the vets. Please keep me posted. Poor baby.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a day you have had!Did you give her some Benadryl? How is Cleo now? Hope you dont have to return to the vets. Please keep me posted. Poor baby.
hiya i didnt have any benadryl in the house,but will be getting some asap lol
cleo is ok i think, she's just quiet and sleeping,the vet said she would be a bit quiet tonight tho,she yelps if i touch where she had the injection not that im touching it i did by accident,got a feeling they will both be in my bed tonight,they worry me sick

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
My boys, Smoke and Pepper, the only two I've had since puppyhood, both gained about another pound and change after they were 7 months. Bell is probably going to be a little on the big side. But there have been a few on here that they stopped growing about this time, too. It's hard to tell. I knew Smoke was going to be big, he was more than 6 pounds by 7 months and ended up 7 pounds 5 oz. Pepper was 4 pounds even at 7 months and he is now 5 pounds 2 oz. So Bell should end up somewhere inbetween. lol

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My boys, Smoke and Pepper, the only two I've had since puppyhood, both gained about another pound and change after they were 7 months. Bell is probably going to be a little on the big side. But there have been a few on here that they stopped growing about this time, too. It's hard to tell. I knew Smoke was going to be big, he was 6 pounds by 7 months and ended up 7 pounds 5 oz. Pepper was 4 pounds even at 7 months and he is now 5 pounds 2 oz. So Bell should end up somewhere inbetween. lol
ah thankyou for your reply,i was expecting her to be about 31/2-4lbs cos she looks little to me lol,mind you i think im comparing her to my shih tzu haha
i got a feeling cleo will be even bigger because bell was much smaller than she was when she was her age,bell has got quite a thick coatt so maybe that weighs about a pound haha,
ah i dont mind either way really atleast she will have a bit of meat on her lol,was just wondering if she is more or less fullygrown. :)
p.s i like your boys names :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts