Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here trained there Chi to ring a bell to go outside? Bailey isn't getting the potty thing down. She hasn't figured out to go to the door yet. What age was your Chi when they were potty trained? Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,272 Posts
my last chi, Tito, was trainied to ring a bell hanging on a string by the back door.... He never was one to whine or whimper when needing to go outside but boy he could WHACK that bell......lol....... I started by taking his lil' puppy paw and rang the bell before we went outside everytime... he soon caught on and started ringing it by himself...

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
my last chi, Tito, was trainied to ring a bell hanging on a string by the back door.... He never was one to whine or whimper when needing to go outside but boy he could WHACK that bell......lol....... I started by taking his lil' puppy paw and rang the bell before we went outside everytime... he soon caught on and started ringing it by himself...
that is so cool!!! lol

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
A good friend at work has always used bells successfully. We bought a really nice bell set but have never used it since the girls became so easy with the hospital bed pads.
I keep thinking that one of these days I would offer it up as a giveaway here. Since it was $25 I want to make certain we are not going to train them to use it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts