Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My camera has just come back from being fixed. However, I took this picture with my new phone and just had to share it!! It's Bella's 'Mum not another picture' look. x

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Oh my lord, she has the sweetest face I think I've ever seen. What a beauty. So was Dad a short hair??? Oh, I want her... no nevermind, I'm full over here. I just want to look at her and maybe a quick snuggle.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So was Dad a short hair???
Bella's mum was a cream long hair chihuahua and her dad was a black and tan short hair. I asked the breeder, if she had mum and dad, which she did. But I didn't think to ask about what type they both were. I wasn't bothered that she wasn't KC registered, as I had no plans to breed or show her. If fact I went to see a tri (black, white and tan) short hair boy. But Andy, my boyfriend, took one look at Bella and said she was the one. He said she looked like a little Ewok, with her big ears.

I know from reading this forum it's a big no no breeding a long hair with a short hair. However, Bella is prefect to me and I wouldn't swap her for the world. x

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
There's plenty of breeders that breed longhair with shorthair. My Lily's Mom is long hair and her Dad is short hair. Same with Chloe's parents. It gives the short hair babies their nice thick double coats. She's so pretty. I'm glad your honey spoke out and picked her out. I really think they pick us, don't you? She's adorable.

·
Registered
118 Posts
She is gorgeous!! I didn't know there was even an issue of breeding long with short coats. Zoe has short like her mom but her dad had long hair. She does have thicker hair in some parts (like her neck). What is the issue w/ breeding both?She looks perfect to me!

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I don't think here in the US it is a problem to breed long coat to short coat. Our AKC doesn't recognize them as separate breeds. But I think they do in the UK, is that right? I appreciate the breeders who do breed long coat to long coat, as I believe it is a recessive gene and we could lose it out of our breed eventually.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl! She's adorable!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts