Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Bella a new life jacket...well when she was in the water she was able to get her front leg up through the neck hole...which then allowed water to gather there and she went under...I grabbed her quickly and removed the life jacket..Bella then turned and tried to jump onto the boat which was 3 feet from the dock !! Into the water she went and the splash was enough to make the pontoons move..she almost was struck by one..I had to lay down on the dock to reach her....she was terrified, as was I...she wasn't hurt...thank goodness...but pretty shaken up...

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for your concern about Bella's accident...she was very hesitant about going down to the dock this afternoon, so I just picked her up and down we went as if nothing had happened...I put her on the pontoon and we sat there for about 1/2 hr and then went back to the house...Wayne took her down tonight and she was back to her old self ( the daredevil brave girl ) and went right onto the boat . I was just praying she wouldn't have become too frightened of the water...we do live on the river LOL We are going to have an adjustment made to the new life jacket but for now...Bella is stuck wearing her yellow one that makes her resemble a stuffed sausage !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts