Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
she became ill this morning...we took her right in after giving her a ventolin nebulizer treatment...rads showed AP along with enlarged lymph nodes along her mediastineum...so she is back on 2 antibiotics for a month...she is quite lethargic...very nauseated and won't eat or drink...her temp is up.....
I know we have some really sick doggies right now in the group but if you can fit Bella in your prayers we would appreciate it....

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Oh, poor Bella. :( It just never ends! Poor thing. I will be sending good thoughts and healing wishes her way. I don't even know her in person but I love her so much. Hearing that she is not well always makes me teary-eyed. My heart aches for your little girl.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
So sorry to hear that. Hang in there sweet Bella! We are pulling for you!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Big hugs to you Kathleen. Get better sweet Bella, we all love and worry. Lots of healing vibes coming your way.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Awwwww, poor Bella looks so pitiful it breaks my heart. There is always room to add Bella to our prayers. Hopefully this bout will not be as bad as the last time. :( Give that sweet girl a (((big hug))) from us.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Lots and Lots of prayers, healing thoughts and more prayers on the way for your precious Bella. Bless her soul. She has been though so much and so have you Nabi..my heart goes out to both of you. I truly admire Bella's fighting spirit. No matter what she has been through she battles through it thanks to all of the loving care she gets. God be with her and you Nabi. *HUGS*

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just a quick update on Bella...

thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...Bella has had a quiet day...she is not herself at all...I did get all her meds into her ....she ate about 2 Tbsps of mashed potato with meat puree over the day....I am getting some thickened water down her by syringe so am able to keep her hydrated....Dr K is concerned about the lymph node enlargement so her rads will be sent to Uni of Guelph vet hospital for assessment....fingers crossed it is just from the AP....

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
JDr K is concerned about the lymph node enlargement so her rads will be sent to Uni of Guelph vet hospital for assessment....fingers crossed it is just from the AP....
Best Vet care possible at Guelph! they saved my old dogs life! he went onto live a looong 19 years :)

this is her second bout of AP in 3 months...hopefully it will be years before she has another session !
Poor thing! hopefully you're right and it does not come back!

·
Premium Member
9,990 Posts
Can you give her Pedialytle too? Might help with hydration.

Keeping yall in my thoughts and prayers!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Gentle hugs & kisses to Bella.
I'm thinking of you both, wishing for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bella is not doing very well...we had her xrays sent to Uni of Guelph and they found some other problems but I have talked at length with our personal DVM tonight and we have decided to concentrate on the ME and AP at this time...we will do blood work as needed to monitor the other issues....we are going to be adding one more medication to her daily routine and if this doesn't work she will have to have the PEG put in...I am really worried about my little munchkin, she is weaker and doesn't seem to have her usual fight in her....please keep her in your prayers and positive thoughts...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts