Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bella has had a few rough weeks....she has had an exacerbation of her MegaEsophagus (ME ) She can't keep much down so is losing weight and muscle mass...dehydration is always a problem....she can't rest properly ( or us ) as she is regurging frequently and has esophagitis which is very painful.......life has become a nightmare for her....she is on 5 different meds and they aren't helping much now...so...she is going to have a feeding tube inserted....we are just waiting for the date...she is going back to the OVC at Guelph Uni as they are the best for this kind of surgery on such a little munchkin....We are worried sick as she is high risk for aspiration pneumonia.. and already has had 2 bouts in 3 months...anesthesia for ME dogs is very tricky....and the aftercare protocol cannot be deviated from..hence going to the OVC... I look at my skinny little girl and pray she will pull thru....I just cannot let her go without trying the feeding tube....:sad1:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Theresa...with what you have and still are, going thru with Amberleah, you know the feeling of helplessness we have right now....

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Oh no, you poor, poor things but I'm pleased you have the experts available to give her the very best chance. Sending lots of thoughts and healing to little "Bella The Battler"

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thinking of you and little Bella. X
thanks....

Oh little Bella :( You are so special and so loved. Sending lots of healing wishes your way.
We appreciate it...thanks..

Oh no, you poor, poor things but I'm pleased you have the experts available to give her the very best chance. Sending lots of thoughts and healing to little "Bella The Battler"
Bella the battler....love it...hope you don't mind if I quote you ...thanks for the warm thoughts...

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
You may quote me until the cows come home my dear, I knew you'd love it as my fingers were typing it.

It's a well used saying in Oz (amongst the older folk) originally used in the context of our poor farmers & ranchers who have, for 2 centuries battled the worst Mother Nature can dish out to them. These days it basically means someone who's sick, underprivileged, poor or suffers from some other unfortunate thing, yet they keep on battling and battling regardless to overcome their affliction or circumstance, and that describes your special little girl, and her loving, devoted mum and dad to perfection.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
You, Bella, and the rest of your family/pack are in my thoughts. I hope this helps her. Poor girl has been through so much, as has the rest of your family. You are such a good person for working so hard to give Bella the life she deserves. I am glad that you found an expert to do the surgery...

Please give my kisses to Bella. She is such a brave girl- such a fighter.

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Kathleen, I wish I could take all of your worries away. You work so hard at
providing the absolute best for your girls, yet life keeps on giving you lemons.
My hubby often says to me, that this illness of mine was given to me because
I can handle it. I think that everything happens for a reason, and your girls are
yours because no one else could give them what you do. I love Bella, through
the forum I've gotten to really love her, through your pictures and stories...
I want only the best for her, I wish her strength through all this. I'll be keeping
your family in my thoughts. Hugs.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Kathleen, Bella and your familly remain in our prayers. Please let me know if there is any other help we can offer.. You know how I feel about you guys. Blessings, Deb

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Get better Bella. We all love you sweet girl!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Me and my little ones are sending Bella our love and healing prayers. Get well Bella!!! And big hugs to you!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We appreciate all the prayers and well wishes...Bella is a fighter..a " Battler " to use Dee's description of her...this is a very trying time for us...we have shed a lot of tears this week....over and over I have asked myself..am I doing this with Bellas best interest..or am I doing this out of my own selfishness...I admit I waiver back and forth in the answer to myself....but I love her...its as simple as that...I love her...In my support group there are many dogs with PEG's...some even taking part in obedience trials ( well that will never happen in Bellas case..divas don't do obedience :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Hearing this breaks my heart. Poor, sweet Bella. She is indeed quite the fighter, and so are you, Kathleen. You do so much for her, she must know how very loved she is. Both you and her are in my thoughts.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts