Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to you all :)

Really quick one, Bella is off her food. She is hardly eating any of her food and if she does its taking hours for her to do so.

She even won't eat any treats!

Any ideas on what I can do to help her along. I have tried playing with her to get her hungry, but she just drinks and thats it.

She has seemed a bit down in the dumps over the past 48hours though.

Another thing she had done was about a week ago she had the kennel cough vaccination could that be anything to do with it?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Michelle,

I gave the vet a quick tinkle and made an appointment for this evening. They think she will be fine but better to be safe than sorry so they said bring her in :)

Ill let you know how we get on

·
Registered
681 Posts
I hope the ppointment goes well. I know that Calista's vet has said he would not lose any sleep over a dog not eating for a few days as long as they are drinking...
Calista will sometimes not eat properly for a couple of days and then be back to her normal self again...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello all :)

My wife and I took Bella to the vet yesterday evening and she said her temp is up only slightly and it could just be her feeling off at the moment. She gave us some anti biotics for a week to see if it picks her back up.

At the moment food wise she is eating about a third of normal amount or just under. So at least she is eating.

Seems pretty fine in herself now, running around and playing but always asking for them tummy rubs :)

Thanks for all your kind words! Its so nice to have the back up of everyone on here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts