Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Charlie our 16mth old boy is a naughty leg lifter and as he sleeps with me and has been known to pee up my pillows, now has to sleep in a belly band.

I always thought these things were meant to stop the dog peeing until they are taken off. However Charlie takes no notice andlifts his leg and pees even with his band on.

(I do take the band off as soon as he gets off the bed to use the pee mat) But if he has it on occasionally during the day he just carries on as if he isn't wearing it.

Do any of you have the same problem.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Belly bands don't STOP peeing...they just keep the pee from getting on everything. Try lining the band with a thick sanitary napkin, it will help absorb the pee.

Let him have plenty of outside time 4-5 times a day to mark and empty his bladder. MUCH less pee then, to mark with, when wearing the band inside.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already line the band as Charlie has disgraced himself more than once. Not sure how, but he can have just peed and he still seems to find enough to mark. LOL

Somehow I thought having the band on would discourage the marking while he had it on.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I used belly bands on Pepe just to save the room as I taught him not to pee or mark in the house at the same time. He no longer wears them, it took about 3 1/2 weeks total to get him to a place where I could let him go around naked again. I also got him fixed, that helped, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts