Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ordered from this website before?

Belly Bands

I found them through Ebay when looking to get some belly bands for Gatsby. I never had luck getting any of my homemade ones to stay on for very long and am too lazy to make one properly so wanted to just shell out the cash (only $3.99 each, with free shipping in US so thats well worth it lol) and buy some from somewhere that makes them. The ebay feedback was great; I measured my boy and then placed an order after choosing a fabric. Then I paid. And THEN realized I had no idea what they looked like.. lmao. I went back and realized the site doesn't actually have pictures of the product. They have a DESCRIPTION and info on how they work... and pix of all the fabric choices... and it SAYS that the most common ones attach by Velcro. But no actual photo of what the finished product looks like, let alone it on a dog.

I assume they just do this since theyre not exactly complicated; I mean all it is is fabric to wrap around and velcro to secure. But I never buy things without seeing what I'm actually paying for lol.

So if anyone's bought from this site, please show me a pic of what they actually look like!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
How odd that they don't post any pictures of the actual products! Hopefully they are the lined type, some are just a strip of fabric w/ velcro? If they don't work out I highly recommend trying out Spotnotz on ebay, she makes my absolute favorites. In my experience even Bryco who is only 4.25 lbs needs a 3.5-4" width, 3" doesn't cut it lol.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Well, I was going to take a pic of Gonzo wearing his, but the battery on my camera died. It's a strip of cloth that goes around the abdomen of a male dog and covers his privates so he can't pee or mark in the house. It's attached with velcro and I line mine with a sanitary napkin.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^What she said. I dunno if the warm weather is bringing out old smells that winter cold was disguising but Gatsby has started marking in the house; something he hasn't done since before he was neutered!! That ain't gonna fly in my house lol.

Pam, were you gonna take the pic just to show Deerboy's momma or is the one you have from the seller I mentioned??

I'll def check out spotnotz if these turn out not to be what I want. For the price I really can't complain since it wouldn't be like I spent that much anyway.

If nobody on here has bought them from this seller, I will still make sure to update this thread when I get mine with a review and photos!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did get them and they're awesome! I don't have internet at my house right now and that's where the pix are, but I'll upload them as soon as I can.

They're about 3 inches wide and are lined (I guess thats how to describe it, it's like "2 ply" but has a nice seam all around.) And the velcro is a nice big piece so they secure really well. They've been such a help already; the ones I've tried makeshifting at home always seemed to slip off the wee-wee. And these ones stay on very nicely. I promise I'll get pix eventually but I can at least vouch for their quality now haha.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FINALLY! Got a chance to upload these. Here are the boy's belly bands!

Aloysius:

Gatsby:

I really do like the quality a lot and they've been a lifesaver around the house. We have all hardwood floors but I swear I clean them like 75% less now that we don't have puddles. Not to mention they can't pee on the furniture or mark anything that we otherwise might not notice. Definitely a recommended product by me, and the price is unbeatable!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Nice! Thanks for updating, I can never quite get over the price of some bellybands so its awesome to have an affordable alternative :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts