Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if I am being paranoid or what, but in the past week or so, Coopers belly skin has been sort of getting dark blotches on it. Also, I was rubbing his tummy today and noticed at the bottom of his penis there was two kind of marble-sized bumps on either side right at the base of it. He kind of wiggled a bit and they dissapeared??? He was neutered about a month ago. Any suggesions? He has been acting normal. The only other thing I can think of, is when he pees it comes out in spurts kind of - not just one steady stream? (I am not sure if this is normal or not).

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tinker for the advice. I haven't had a dog of my own before so I don't know what's normal and what's not. I've got to get the cat in for shots one of these days, so I guess I will ask then. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I've seen where others have posted on the forum about their Chi's stomach skin changing color. About the bumps, I believe Tucker has those, too, and I am assuming it's normal. As for the spurts during urination, Tucker may start peeing, stop, walk on, stop and pee some more, although sometimes he will just stand there and totally empty his bladder. Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, thanks, that helps my worries. Cooper's peeing is more like (this is going to sound funny) but it's like there is a pulse in it almost. ?? It's weird - but thanks for the help!!! :D

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
the belly changing colour from pink to a darker colour is normail as they grow - as for the bumps thats normal too - they are just lymph nodes I think- Ozzy has them too

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Ozzy's mom!! You guys don't know how relieved I am that this is normal!! (Although I kinda feel stupid for asking such a question) :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
As for the peeing in spurts -- uhmmm this is going to sound gross, but does it kind of look like he is ejaculating? If it does, that is really kind of normal. Or at least in larger breeds. My wolf used to do that and I thought it was what it looked like....and was rather grossed out, because he would do it everytime he was peeing. I finally asked my vet who said it was relatively normal....Don't recall if he gave a name for it or not, but that was ages ago.

·
Registered
61 Posts
oliver had gotten some dark blotches that spread around his tummy right before he had his first colitis attack. once we got the colitis to settle down the dark splotches faded away and the vet said they were both probably a result of allergies. I know it sounds weird, but I thought I would pass along my experience.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Litoris - Yuk - that is kind of gross! I wonder if that's what he is doing? Because he does that every time he pees (the pulsing thing). But his pee isn't a different color - should it be if he is ejaculating? BTW, thanks so much for your help!

vw3sarah22 - Thanks for the ideas, when Oliver had his colitis attack, what other symptoms were there? Is that like diahrrea(sp?)?

Thanks TuckersMom for making me feel better about asking my "first time with a dog" questions. :lol: You all have been more than helpfull!! :wave:

·
Registered
113 Posts
well, no, it isn't ejaculation -- it just looks like it the way it pulses -- still pee, just comes out in spurts. I hope that made more sense, lol.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
the little hard balls are part of him getting an erection...I thought kemo had tumors after he got fixed :oops: not to worry

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Litoris said:
well, no, it isn't ejaculation -- it just looks like it the way it pulses -- still pee, just comes out in spurts. I hope that made more sense, lol.
:lol: Woops, Man I was confused!! Now I get what you're saying! And yes, it does look exactly like he is ejaculating. So I shouldn't be worried then - good to know!

Kemo's mamma - Thanks, it had me a little worried for awhile there. i am so glad I have you guys to ask my questions to!!

What an embarrasing topic hehe :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts