Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have their belly button pieced? does it hurt? i really want mine done but want to know if it hurts loads when avin it dun and after lol

lucy xx

·
Banned
393 Posts
ive had mine done since i was 14...im 21 now and still have it. i didnt think it hurt much til after when it is healing it was just sore. i love it though :D

·
Banned
705 Posts
My niece has had hers done and she said it didn't hurt. All anyone ever tells me about them, is that they have problems with it getting infected! A few people I know had to take the ring out and let it close up, due to recurring infections.

My daughter (14 next week) is wanting to get it done. Apparently, all the girls at school are having them. I say "NO WAY!" :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
I had mine done was I was 15 (12 years ago - eek!) and I thought it hurt like hell! But only when they're pushing the thin tube thing through, and only for a few seconds! Just scrunch your eyes up and grit your teeth! I also apply this advice to tattoos!

It can get sore and infected so make sure you get lots of aftercare advice from the piercer.

I recommend getting a bar put in rather than a ring as when I had a ring, it caught on everything & got infected more because it was sore - bars seem to stay more flat and are much more comfy.

Good luck!! I think they are fab! :D

·
Banned
393 Posts
i had the ring and was told its better bc when you clean it its easier to move it around and keep the hole open. sometimes with a bar the skin will heal over the piercing...bc you can move the bar around as much

·
Registered
255 Posts
*Tiff* said:
i had the ring and was told its better bc when you clean it its easier to move it around and keep the hole open. sometimes with a bar the skin will heal over the piercing...bc you can move the bar around as much
Really? That makes sense actually - I forgot about the moving around thing. I put a bar in as soon as I could though. Still have it!

·
Banned
393 Posts
yeah i switched right to a bar after as well, its just wayyy easier to clean with a ring and you have to move it around a lot to make it heal correctly :D

·
Banned
393 Posts
thanks :D and that cleaner stuff i used is the BEST mine healed in a week! i got mine done by a RN and thats what was recommended to me :)

·
Banned
705 Posts
I've got one too Sarah! A fairy on my hip. My friend and I went and got them done when we were about 22, after a few beers!!! And it hurt me so much. I'd said I would have another one, but I was too much of a coward to go though the pain again. Mind you, that was before I had given birth - showing me the true meaning of PAIN!!!! lol.

Where's your tattoo Sarah and what is it?????:D

Fran.:D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ha ha! I haven't experienced that one yet, but the tattoo was bad enough! Do you still like yours?

I have got the Chinese word for 'peace' on my lower tummy, below and to the left of my belly button. At the time I didn't think about how big it will get if I ever get pregnant. It won't look nice!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts