Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went for a walk in the park with cosmo this weekend and in his enthousiasm he went to the lake. his belly was a bit wet.
now this week i have the idea his belly is very filthy from this as his belly was always pink. this morning i tried to wash him ,but nothing came off????

so is his belly turning black ,is this normal, and why are parts still pink??
( half of his willy is pink and black) :lol:

kisses

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Sounds like just normal skin colouring (pigment) Fynn and Sullys went pink to purple in some places. :D

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
nathaliedewilde said:
( half of his willy is pink and black) :lol:

kisses
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's funny. THis happened to Cooper a month ago. now his belly and "willy" :lol: are kind of pink with dark blotches all over. I think it's normal.

Meg

·
Registered
277 Posts
Our Kosmo had the pinkest belly and over the last couple of weeks it has almost all turned black. Looks like someone colored his belly with a black crayon. Its a normal change unless the belly looks red and irrated also.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
BeamerFritzyKosmo said:
Our Kosmo had the pinkest belly and over the last couple of weeks it has almost all turned black. Looks like someone colored his belly with a black crayon. Its a normal change unless the belly looks red and irrated also.
and unless it's flaky. flaky and black is bad and needs to be seen by a vet. i just washed a shepherd at my job and the belly was black and flaky and i said to myself thisw can't be normal so i got the vet to check him out and he had to have medicated baths and antibiotics...

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadgets neck hair fell out and then his neck turned a smokey grey and then his hair started coming back in and it is a smokey grey.. it is like he has ring around the collar.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i agree with everyone else unless it looks irritated sounds like normal pigment change, vixies skin is a blue tinge (she carries blue sabling) in her ears are blue, hr belly is blue and she has a line of pink upthe center of her belly, it looks kind of funny.
i wouldnt worry unless its flacky, sore or crakcked and red

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
OMG, this just happened to Harley too. It was like overnight or something?! I am thinking it is normal as well! Phew, I ran here and did a search. Nat, Harley's "change" is the same as Cosmo's, LOL. :lol: :oops:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:D :D it was so weird one day he was totally pink and now he is black :lol:
i never saw a belly as dark as his :D except a few spots......
i'm going to try to take a pic of it :wink:

kisses nat

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was so happy to see this thread when I searched "purple skin"!
I was a second away from taking Max to the vet. He had a very pink belly, and underarms just a few days ago ... suddenly his skin is almost black! I should say that he has no rash, flakey skin, or sore spots. Totally strange. His fur seems to be very thin right now ... I guess thinner than normal. Have others who noticed the pigment change also notice a thinning fur thing going on at the same time?
Max came to us as a foster dog last August ... at the time no one knew how old he was. Our vet guessed between 3 & 5 yrs old. Here's my other question .... when is the pigment change occuring in all of your dogs? 1-2 years? It might shed some light on Max's age.
Thank you!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Max was def not a puppy when he first came to us last year .... he's at the very least a year and a half ... maybe two.
It's just so strange!
Thanks Brenda ...

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Well what a relief! Bufords did that too. We had been at my brothers and Buford had been digging in dirt. When we got home, I tried to clean it off only it didn't clean off. It did happen suddenly too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts