Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i ordered these bellybands from ebay and they have the cutest patterns. anywho the sizing is right as i got it customized but... then....:confused:

dexter absolutely hated it. he didnt walk straight, he didnt even want off the bed, he was trippin all over the bed when he tried gettin up. and no its not tight at all! i loosened up to see what was the prob....
but then i thought logically...if i was a guy and had a big bellyband around my no no spot...i would be thiis mad too! LOL.... :foxes15:

ugh anyone else run into this problem before? :sign3:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Sorry Dexter is being funny about it. Give him time and just leave it on him and he will get used to it. As soon as I bring it out for Gonzo he starts dancing around and tries to help me put it on him because that means he gets to go out in the living room with the girls.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why does he need a belly band?
he marks like no tomaro when im out:foxes15:

Sorry Dexter is being funny about it. Give him time and just leave it on him and he will get used to it. As soon as I bring it out for Gonzo he starts dancing around and tries to help me put it on him because that means he gets to go out in the living room with the girls.
hmmm special permission and fun stuff when he has it on...hmmm but he already has everything he needs and wants LOL...ugh...~ aw gonzo ur so cute!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Bryco tries to hide after he comes inside cuz he knows his is gettin' put back on. I have tried that type you have on Dex and TBH it is less than ideal the bands are too stiff and can make them walk a wee bit funny.

Spotnotz has ones that work pretty good, get them 4" wide and leave room for shrinkage so u can put em in the dryer if u try them. They need to be lined with half of a poise pad. they have more give at the leg and I also sort of angle how I put the velcro so it's looser right at the leg.

They learn to act totally normal w/ them on but they don't like them at 1st. They do forget they have them on tho. I am happy B has his on every time I see him lift his naughty little leg.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks like he might have broke it it ;) Appears a bit moist on the downlow

When I was younger, that I know of, they didn't have belly bands so I am really not familiar with them, but I know when I put on a ring a watch or a new pair of gutchies with a different fit ~ it takes some getting used to. And I know a new collar here gets some attention ~ "no no spot" (lol love it) apparatuses I am sure take some getting used to. There is so much that could be said here, but I will control myself ;)

If nothing else you have a picture worth a million words ~ I laughed and almost spit my coffee.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bryco tries to hide after he comes inside cuz he knows his is gettin' put back on. I have tried that type you have on Dex and TBH it is less than ideal the bands are too stiff and can make them walk a wee bit funny.

Spotnotz has ones that work pretty good, get them 4" wide and leave room for shrinkage so u can put em in the dryer if u try them. They need to be lined with half of a poise pad. they have more give at the leg and I also sort of angle how I put the velcro so it's looser right at the leg.

They learn to act totally normal w/ them on but they don't like them at 1st. They do forget they have them on tho. I am happy B has his on every time I see him lift his naughty little leg.
kristi can u link me? :) i need one that he would tolerate

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like he might have broke it it ;) Appears a bit moist on the downlow

When I was younger, that I know of, they didn't have belly bands so I am really not familiar with them, but I know when I put on a ring a watch or a new pair of gutchies with a different fit ~ it takes some getting used to. And I know a new collar here gets some attention ~ "no no spot" (lol love it) apparatuses I am sure take some getting used to. There is so much that could be said here, but I will control myself ;)

If nothing else you have a picture worth a million words ~ I laughed and almost spit my coffee.

Keep us posted.
hahahaha! yay glad u liked the pic he was not a happy boy at all. lol yup ic all it the nono spot~! whenever he starts lickin it...i go "dexter why u lickin ur nonospot??" and he just keeps on lickin :binky:

oh no....hope it wasnt a waste of coffee!:coffee2:

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
CUSTOM SIZE MALE DOG BELLY BAND WRAP DIAPER BY SPOTNOTZ | eBay

She has tons of cute patterns and will make them whatever width/length you want. You hafta deffo use a poise pad w/ any belly band really. I buy the huge pack of 60 incontinence ones at Walmart and cut them all in half then use as needed (about one a day). This keeps his tummy and wee wee dry when he marks, so he doesn't feel the need to lick so much. They really do forget they have it on after awhile. Without a pad they will pee through so many belly bands a day it will make your head spin!

These r also good if they fit your dog:
The ORIGINAL "I LOVE MY DOG" BELLY BANDS DIAPERS | eBay

I couldn't get the sizing right for B and it would move around and the poise pad would end up on his back. Yuck.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
How thick is that Sheep? it looks like it might be a bit rigid? and again he's not used to it, so it's going to take some time to adjust.
maybe wean him into it with an hour to start and gradually adjust the time over a few days until he's wearing it when you want him to.

There are a few people on Etsy selling them, maybe order a few different makes/styles to see if any suit him better than that one?
I've only ever used a belly band from Petsmart and it was a bit loose but it did the trick!

Thankfully B does not mark, but I feel your pain! I've been there with other dogs.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
When we had intact males in the house we needed belly bands too. I still have them in case Julian needs them (have to sort out his meds before we can decide if the anesthetic is safe) but the other rescue boys stopped marking once we had them neutered.

None of the boys particularly liked wearing them; but they all got used to them. No way was I going to tolerate peeing in my house! As long as he can't slip out of it, I would just ignore him and let him tough it out... it's not hurting him; he will get over it. Belly bands are the key to making intact male dogs tolerable lol!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices I forgot this brand, another I REALLY like. It has a small bit of give right around the legs. E-mail her 1st because she has stuff pre-cut and sized so you need to tell her what you need or else you will end up with something premade that will not fit.

You definitely don't want anything rigid though. I have about a dozen of the type you have on Dex that just sit there unused :( I figure if they are going to be in them all day they should be comfortable and they should be able to stay dry in them. The fact that B has white belly fur that is unstained yet wears a belly band every day indicates that is deffo possible ;)

·
Registered
145 Posts
My boys have to stay in the 'boys' room til almost bedtime, then they get their belly bands on to come in the living room and when I go to bed they sleep with me. I got tired of them peein all over the house! I made mine out of polar fleece and velcro. They dont look 'pretty', but they are very functional. I cut strips to fit, doubled it and stitched them together and then put the velcro on. They dance around to get theirs on coz they know they are goin in.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How thick is that Sheep? it looks like it might be a bit rigid? and again he's not used to it, so it's going to take some time to adjust.
maybe wean him into it with an hour to start and gradually adjust the time over a few days until he's wearing it when you want him to.

There are a few people on Etsy selling them, maybe order a few different makes/styles to see if any suit him better than that one?
I've only ever used a belly band from Petsmart and it was a bit loose but it did the trick!

Thankfully B does not mark, but I feel your pain! I've been there with other dogs.
lol im not sure but he hated it :( i guess it wasnt comfy enuff for him LOL. i got the one at petmsart before too and he didnt really mind that but it was ugly >.< and my dad just threw it sumwhere he didnt like him wearin it -_-

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices I forgot this brand, another I REALLY like. It has a small bit of give right around the legs. E-mail her 1st because she has stuff pre-cut and sized so you need to tell her what you need or else you will end up with something premade that will not fit.

You definitely don't want anything rigid though. I have about a dozen of the type you have on Dex that just sit there unused :( I figure if they are going to be in them all day they should be comfortable and they should be able to stay dry in them. The fact that B has white belly fur that is unstained yet wears a belly band every day indicates that is deffo possible ;)
thanks kristi! i contacted the seller for the "original dogz" one. hope to hear back from her! :p

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
perhaps its time for the snip? -not sure of his history i plead ignorance on it :s-

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Gucci did that for the first day or so when I put a belly band on him, but then he was fine with it.
I must add that it did get a bit messy at times.
I was hoping that it would reduce marking but he just carried on marking with the belly band and I had to buy 4 of them because I had to continuously wash them in the day

1 - 20 of 21 Posts