Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So family members are coming to spend the night and the dogs can't be inside the house (just the way it is, I can't change it, definitely not my favorite people in the world)
My grandma gladly is taking Jr and Sunshine (life saver) to her house. They will be in their kennels and normal blankets.
I know they will bark/cry all night.
I'm wondering if I can give Jr Benadryl to see if it'll help calm him down during the night. I always give him half a 25mg pill.
He's about 19 pounds wondering if I could give him like 3/4 of the pill.
Wish I had time to buy some "calming" treats

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
That is certainly something to think about. I'd go ahead with it. Why will the dogs 'bark/cry all night?' Have they been there before? Can they have access to a potty area? Can you be with them? Good luck, and hopefully the 'guests' won't be there too long!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They've been there before but never stayed the night. I once left 3 days to Vegas and Jr and Sunshine cried all night in their crates in my room. My parents didn't get any sleep for 2 nights straight. Jr needs me literally to sleep next to him or in the same room. I cannot be with them sadly. They will be in their crate, in a dark room and their blanket.
I think I will give them Benadryl.
Hopefully leave by tomorrow night (if lucky)
Oh the joy of certain people visiting ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
I don’t use Benadryl to calm her down but have found that lavender helps , just putting some on back of her ear , don’t have to drug dog just do something naturally to calm and relax them for the night , mine takes children’s Benadryl for allergies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts