Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Well most of them are a bit pricey but a small bag lasts a chi a very long time and you have to go to a pet store for most of them. Royal Canin puppy, NeutroMax puppy, Wellness puppy are all excellent and Science Diet is good but not quite as good as the others.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Tinker and all the others,i will make note of this!By the way still waiting for my pup...agony oh agony :clock: :wave:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:wink: My sister used to feed that to her poodle..but stopped..I think her dog didn't like it that much.. :wink: it does look yummy and pretty tho. If you are trying to decide I think IAMS and EUKANUBA are great and good on the food budget...I mix it with Royal Cannin too... :wink: is really hard to find the perfect food isn't it?..my advice a decent balance of nutrients and a happy dog is all you need :wink: Good luck :wave:

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i thought science diet hill's was a very good brand too ??? the animal hospital here only sells that brand and highly recommend it .

i give mixes of eukanuba, royal canin and the science diet (canned )

kisses nat

·
Registered
76 Posts
i tried feeding mine nutro max for puppies and he threw up. plus i cant seem to get the peices soft enoigh. so i swtiched back to caser puppy food he seems to get along fine witn that.unless someone knows another wet food i can feed my chih. lol. :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
if you are going to feed only canned then you need to be brushing his teeth every day or every other day. also give him dental chews (not rawhides there's a difference.) his tummy is upset and he is vomitting because of the sudden change in foods, i think the gradual change was explained in another post.... have you tried adding a little dry in with the ceasar's? if you get a dry food such as royal canin mini puppy the pieces are soooo tiny he wouldn't have a problem with chewing those pieces plus he will be getting his ceasar's which he loves so much and the crunchy benefits of the dry food will be there as well as the great quality and dose of beneficial nutrients. but if you are going to do this, do it slowly, add a few pieces of food to his food he gets already. you dont' want to keep upsetting his tummy but you do want him eating nutrionally sound foods.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts