Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
OOh that looks yummy, I have never thought about them for Jake, he still has all his baby teeth though, would that matter or had I best wait till his adult teeth are through before buying him something as nice as that?

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure about the baby teeth. I don't see why it would matter but maybe some others on here may have a better answer. He absolutely loves the raw meaty bones. Frankie will not even go near them, haha.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Pam - that is awesome!!! He looks like he is really enjoying that. Yummy!!

Deme - puppies can certainly have raw meaty bones. It is great on their teeth!

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
oh i wanted to ask, which bone is the best? i've looked at the supermarket..but theres too many choices it blows my mind..of course i'll be starting off slow to see if he actually likes it or not o_o

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Benny-- that looks like a party !! good for you..

Pidge--
I give shin bones..lamb or beef...marrow bones...sometimes I cut some marrow off because it is very ricjh and fatty ;). I usually freeze them first. I can get the shin bones cut up in portion size but not too small ( want not choking in my house).

This is Rico's fav treat. If we have to be out all day I will leave him with a bone and he is thrilled with it--he hardly cries when I walk away.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Benny-- that looks like a party !! good for you..

Pidge--
I give shin bones..lamb or beef...marrow bones...sometimes I cut some marrow off because it is very ricjh and fatty ;). I usually freeze them first. I can get the shin bones cut up in portion size but not too small ( want not choking in my house).

This is Rico's fav treat. If we have to be out all day I will leave him with a bone and he is thrilled with it--he hardly cries when I walk away.
shin bones! do they have that at the market? lol i hardly buy beef...my parents do :p im not sure if he'll like lamb as ive tried giving him kibbles that contain lamb or the freeze dried foods that has lamb and he wont eat it! but i id give him a chewy lamb treat which he ate...so the pickyness!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I would not give beef weight bearing bones to chew on. A cow is VERY heavy, so imagine how strong their bones have to be to support that weight - and tiny chihuahua teeth...
Dogs can break their teeth on "recreational bones" so IMO you should be careful about bones you give just for fun.

Benny looks like he's enjoying his treat!

·
Registered
898 Posts
OOOOh he likes that lol. I have my freezer stocked up for when Pepper gets home, it was so fun putting her stuff together.

Is he eating it on a blanket? Is that what you use for them to eat it on? I'm still trying to decide how to do that.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OOOOh he likes that lol. I have my freezer stocked up for when Pepper gets home, it was so fun putting her stuff together.

Is he eating it on a blanket? Is that what you use for them to eat it on? I'm still trying to decide how to do that.
I usually put a raw bone down on a big old towel but he actually dragged that huge porterhouse bone to the blanket!!!:cool:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Pam, since Ben gets raw meaty bones but Frankie won't eat them - can you see a difference between their teeth? I'm curious if there is a difference! Hypothetically, Ben's teeth should be pearly white with little to no tartar and in much better condition than Frankie's. I wonder if you see a difference, especially on the large molars way at the back?

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tracy I do! Ben has very PEARLY white teeth!!!!! He seems to have much bigger teeth too if that is at all possible... He loves his bones but will not eat just a dish of raw meat.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts