Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a phone call from my best friend.. She told me 1 of her brothers died.. This is the 2nd one she has lost in less then a year.... She had soem errands to do and she wanted me to go with her... She didn't want to be by herself....

I feel for her... I just don't know how to deal with it.. She didn't seem upset... I think the freak out time hasn't hit her yet.... I am waiting for the phone call Dori come help... can't deal with this... and of course I will go running... I just don't' know if I should be sad for her or happy that he doesn't have to suffer any more...

The poor guy has been in a nursing home for years... He had a bad infection from his cathader<SP> not being changed in over a mmonth...

I think if I was his family I would check into that..... It doesn't sound to me like he had the right kind of care...

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Sounds like it hasn't really hit her yet. She will no doubt feel relief and sorrow at the same time. A catheter not being changed in a month? I know nothing about that kind of thing but it sure sounds like a long time to me. How old were her brothers?

I never want to end up in a nursing home. :(

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I'm so sorry for your friend. :cry:

My uncle just passed away on June 18th. His brother acted normal like it was no big deal. At the funeral he would walk right by the casket like nothing was in there. :( Then he stopped one time and looked in and then immediately broke down. He didn't realize, or didn't want to realize, that he had lost his oldest brother.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My friend is 47 and I think this brother was just younger and the one that died earlier this year was just older... She told me but for the life of me I can't remember their exact age...

Yes a month for a cathader is way too long... I think My nurse said they have to change them once a week (That was when I was in the hospital not that I needed one longer than for the surgery and recovery).

My friend did call me tonight and asked me if I would go with her tomorrow and help her pick out flowers... This is good at least she is thinkning baout stuff now.. I know she will freak at the funeral... The cool thing about it is that they are taking his ashes and their dads ashes adn they are goign to spread them at the same time in the same place... That is what they both wanted....

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
My condolances to your friend. She is lucky to have a good friend to call on at a time like this.

I lost my last uncle on both my mom and dad's side of the family a couple of weeks ago. He was almost 90 years old, and had been in poor health for many years, so it didn't come as a big shock. There are now no aunts or uncles left on either side of my family - only neices, nephews and cousins. It's sad when your extended family is almost all gone. :(

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. She's lucky to have a good friend like you to comfort her when it finaly sinks in.

I think she should definately look into the catheder not being changed in over a month - something sounds not right there. :?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts