Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some better pictures today although some are still a bit blurry as he will not be still, LOL! Also a size comparison with Chibi...I will start with that one :)

Cute little face shot

Profile shot, LOL! he reminds me of a mole in this picture

Showing off his zipper What a chunker, LOL!

One more cute shot... I just cant think of him being a baby at this size :confused:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Holy cow he looks huge! LOL I'm not use to ferrets at all so i don't know if that's normal for an full grown or baby LOL He's cute and fluffy!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He is right around 6 months right now and I dont think they grow much after 6 months. He was apparently the same size as his siblings and then just out grew all of them? On the ferret boards they say this is normal. I hope so as I would hate for something to be wrong with him. He is so sweet :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
He's absolutely gorgeous.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Ok, he is absolutely adorable. Are ferrets usually this big? My gf had them but I thought they were smaller. I just wanna snuggle him right up. What a doll. I'm behind and need to catch up here cuz I didn't even know you got him. What a cutie!!!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You havent missed anything, we got him this past Monday :)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
You havent missed anything, we got him this past Monday :)
Michelle, he is friggin adorable. I have looked at his pics four times. LOL. He is just a pumpkin. Whatever made you decide to get him, I'm so glad you did.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We lost our boy Haku about 1 1/2 yrs ago and it was pretty painful. We had decided not to get another and happened on this chunky monkey at a old country pet store. He was the only one left and we felt like it was probably because of his size? I imagine everyone wants the cute little kits. We just couldnt resist him :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Okay, this is too cute. My husband begged me to get a ferret instead of a hamster for my daughter. LOL. I like your new baby, is he quite a bit bigger and how big do they get? Now, I'll have to research them. My gf used to have a boy and girl. Romeo and Juliet. LOL. They were so darn cute.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Beautiful boy! Is he intact? Ferrets who aren't neutered when they're very young (like most of the ones you find in pet stores) grow larger and fuller and look a lot like your handsome guy! The ones that are fixed super young stay smaller and thinner and have a different look.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yes he is descented and neutered and I have certification saying so, Unless they goofed? I have know idea how to check? I have found that in my area that the one's in the petshops are always neutered and are much smaller than the privately bred?

I have heard of some that get up to 10lbs but I think that is rare. I saw a few on the board I am on that weighed around 5 lbs but I still do not believe this is the norm. I dont think he will grow much more. You ought to look into them as they can be so sweet but also I have heard that some can be a handful so choose wisely ;-)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again everyone :)

I have been reading a bit more on them and did see where all ferrets will get at least one of three diseases in their life time and they are Adrenal disease, Lymphoma and Insulinoma. I have read to make sure that you can afford at least 2 surgeries in their lifetime and those will be at the least $1000.00 a pop so just a heads up on anyone that is considering them.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Omgosh! He's a MONSTER!!!!! WoW! I have never seen a ferret that huge, and it makes him all the cooler! Congrats on your awesome find--You're so lucky! :)

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I want a ferret really bad! Do you have to keep him in a cage all the time? I want mine to sleep in my bed hahaha! If they're fixed and descented do they smell? Oh said the poo smells bad but I picture it like a cat? Just scoop it everyday? I'm starting to research them is it better to get them young so they can get used to u or better to get one already used to being handled? There's tons on Kijiji for rehoming! Oh and what's better boy or girl? Or does it matter?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts