Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol....just had to get your attention :) my boyfriend got me the Archos 9 which is a windows based tablet. it's just like an IPAD except its windows obviously and doesn't cost a thing to use the 3G or 4G off the cellphone after "hacking" into the phone :) awesomeeeeeeee. remember: im not trying to start any arguments with u apple lovers out there ^_^ he's also going to add in a SSD drive so i can put a sd card in there soon :)

dexter decided to use the case it came with for resting on :)

gotta love the widescreen

it's also sleek and thin

and runs on intel with a built in heat sink so it doesn't burn out. yay chi people!

battery time is from 5 - 8 hours, love it :hello1:

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Very nice...I am wanting a E-reader that can access the web...right now I am using my laptop to read and it gets so heavy and clunky. Plus it is soooo nice to have a boyfriend who can do all that tech-geek stuff.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ooh i like it!! Where from and how much? x
Its from ebay :) u gotta get the rite model tho, the other one sucks and if u know someone who can put a windows 7 genuine version in it itll run fast. The default is windows 7 starter whixh is slow as hell :p i got mine for $400

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice...I am wanting a E-reader that can access the web...right now I am using my laptop to read and it gets so heavy and clunky. Plus it is soooo nice to have a boyfriend who can do all that tech-geek stuff.
This would be perfect. Its better than a ereader or laptop. Its very portable too. Yes it is nice to have a tech savy bf hehehe :) he even installed a hacked version of the other tablet we had last time for a random person who commented our youtube vid and got paid for it :)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Girl... I'm happy for ya' it's fun having something sooo portable isn't it:) of course you know me, I looooove the iPad bestest though hee :nhappy3::nhappy3::nhappy3::nhappy3:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey cheetah that looks awesome too! I cant deal with tablets that are linked to phone companies. Ill have to check out the specs of it when i get home :)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
On my ipad I have the kindle app. It works awesome. I never use my laptop anymore since my ipad:)

Lori

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok checked out the galaxy tablet and its android base. so its basically a gigantic Evo :) cant install windows 7 so its not gonna be fast enough :(

oh lori u and ur ipad LOL

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
My techie hubby says just a word of warning with Archos, he has a media player (Archos 601 WiFi) and as soon as the newer model came out they basically quit supporting the older, as he says they dropped it right off the planet, no more updates, etc, he said within a month of the new release the older product was obsolete.

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
I still think iPad has it hands down for the tablet market right now.
If you use one, you will have a hard time putting it down.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks cheetah for the warning :) i had a archos media player as well! I dont need updates for this at all. Hardwares can always be downloaded. Even win7 bein in it was hacked into and the touch option was all screwed up until the bf found a way to fix it. So of course where theres a will theres a way :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kitty u should check out the new hp slate. I didnt wanna get it cuz it raised to 800 but it runs even photoshopcs5. It can even handle a sd card that has dng raw picture files and that other type that the pentax k5 camera supports. Now that is power lol :)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I still think iPad has it hands down for the tablet market right now.
If you use one, you will have a hard time putting it down.
I agree. I don't have one, as I'm happy with my netbook, but it's hard to beat Apple for design. It's like comparing iPods to other mp3 players, you just can't beat the iPod. Imo at least.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree. I don't have one, as I'm happy with my netbook, but it's hard to beat Apple for design. It's like comparing iPods to other mp3 players, you just can't beat the iPod. Imo at least.
zune beats ipod :) check out the zune hd on youtube. ipod is just a FAD brand imo :) kinda like....when LV came out, everyone had to get one of those :coolwink: no hatin lori and kitty! :daisy:

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
zune beats ipod :) check out the zune hd on youtube. ipod is just a FAD brand imo :) kinda like....when LV came out, everyone had to get one of those :coolwink: no hatin lori and kitty! :daisy:
Nooo .. I love my iPod. Nothing can beat it, I've seen them all. ;)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol oh foggy. i sold my ipod for 180 last year when i had the one where i spent over $230 where it plays vids and such, wasted my money lol :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts